1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

help! display on my laptop looks like it ate acid

Discussion in 'Technology' started by basketballjones, Mar 14, 2017.

1. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

i have an hp div7 and it updated to win 10, everything was fine but all of a sudden the screen looks like it ate acid. ive tried everything even reinstalled win10 and updated all the drivers. anyone have this problem before? when it is on the blue windows window on startup the color is fine. any white/black is all messed up. i want to know if it is worth it to fix it or just buy a new laptop since they are so cheap right now

2. basketballjones

no one has had this problem??

3. Lojack

Lojack TRIBE Member

Try connecting an external screen through HDMI and see if the issue is present. Sounds like a driver issue, so you could also try downloading drivers direct from HP's site.

4. basketballjones

ive done all of that. also hdmi doesnt work once the switch to 10 happened. now when i try to play civ it says i dont have th proper divx but it says i have all the drivers updated. just gonna give it to a friend to see if he can fix it but im gonna buy a new one anyways and if he can fix it i will give it to my gf. its a great machine if it can be fixed

5. Shaelyn Sawyer

Shaelyn Sawyer New Member

better have a technician check on it, never experienced this problem before