• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Help 420 guy win this contest

Maui

TRIBE Member
I always think these threads are so funny.

Tell ya what, how bout I check out all the entries in the contest and vote for the one that is the best and DESERVES to win, rather than who is more popular?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Deus

TRIBE Member

Tell ya what, how bout I check out all the entries in the contest and vote for the one that is the best and DESERVES to win, rather than who is more popular?
Clearly Norm deserves to win, so GTFO.

sk8

TRIBE Member

That's not how these type of contests work anymore - they are an exercise in social media. If you enter it thinking otherwise you are sorely mistaken.

Kinger

TRIBE Member

You're such a troll.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Maui

TRIBE Member
That's not how these type of contests work anymore - they are an exercise in social media. If you enter it thinking otherwise you are sorely mistaken.
I know, hence why I wouldn't waste my time putting effort into any contest based on public voting. Although I was voted King of the winter carnival because I was just that cool in high school.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
despite the fact that i love norm more than any of you, and I started this thread, i actually dont think he should win. because he lives in a place where he can go boarding on a real mountain any bloody time he wants. I think someone that lives far away from any mountains should win.
I mean really its like winning a trip to toronto when you live in brampton. I think someone living in halifax would appreciate the trip to toronto much more.
unless of course he is planning on taking me with him on his trip, then i think he should win.
however, despite all that I still want him to win, cause i dont know the other people nor do I give a fuck about them, and its way cooler if norm wins.

Last edited:

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I don't know norm, but since we are all part of the tribe 'family' I voted for him. There are however a couple of real cool photos that if I had stumbled across that site on my own would have voted for. That being said I've voted everyday I could.

I'm in fact spending a week at Panorama during march break falling on my ass while looking like I meant to do it as I get on a snowboard for only the 2nd time.

Deus

TRIBE Member
You can vote for the others too. You're not restricted to voting for just one photo. I've voted for a few others.

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
despite the fact that i love norm more than any of you, and I started this thread, i actually dont think he should win. because he lives in a place where he can go boarding on a real mountain any bloody time he wants. I think someone that lives far away from any mountains should win.
I mean really its like winning a trip to toronto when you live in brampton. I think someone living in halifax would appreciate the trip to toronto much more.
unless of course he is planning on taking me with him on his trip, then i think he should win.
yeah. if there's anyone who doesn't need a week at a resort and new gear, its the dude who manages a snowboard shop.

but this contest is a marketing campaign that is trying to take full advantage of the social network as a tool for advertising. increase brand awareness and people are more likely to choose your brand over another. get someone who has access to a large social network to push your brand, and you increase the exposure of it. choose the more popular person as the snow bum, and his/her friends are more likely to come to the resort to visit them, and most importantly, spend money. this is more likely to happen if the snow bum and his social network live closer to your resort.

i wonder how many of thiago's friends came up from brazil to shred with him at sun peaks last year?

the photo of the girl in first place is not nearly as quality as some of the other entries, but she has a support group that she is using to help her win. that's all i'm doing. i'm mobilizing a social network and advertising for sun peaks in hopes that i receive the title of snow bum, a title i worked really hard to earn last year but didn't receive.

i thought of using a totally different pik to enter that didn't even show me snowboarding, because i knew that second prize had less to do with the quality of the shot and more to do with the reach of the entrant's social network.

but i really like the shot i entered, and believe it is worthy of winning the contest. then again, i thought my video from last year was worthy of winning too, and i lost. its up to the judges, and who knows what is influencing their decision. if you don't think my photo deserves to win, don't vote. for those of you who do think it deserves to win, i appreciate your support.

19 votes away from second place. thanks everyone!

~*...snowmurai...*~

Last edited:

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
I cant believe how quick you got to second place. thats totally nuts.
the social network train is a powerful tool if you can mobilize it, especially if there is a sense of urgency. there are achievable goals that can easily be reached, which rewards everyone on the train faster than if i had entered in november. thanks for fuelin' this train.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Don't think you shouldn't win. Your pick is actually one of the better one's on the site. a couple of others did catch my eye though. And that one up above gets my vote for sure.