1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Helloooooooooooooo! The Queen

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jun 29, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I never used to like the Queen that much, for no reason other than I figure the monarchy is a relic from ancient times and a total waste of money, but I have to say that it is kind of nice having her in Canada rocking her cool hats with pleasant demeanor.

I'd rather have her visit than that lot of 19 world leaders in any case.

[​IMG]

2. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

Thread worthy

3. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

4. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

The Queen is great. Love her.

Something about royalty and the monarchy that has this nice romantic feel to it. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, even if it is outdated.

5. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

the queen is the shit!
    God save the Queen.

6. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Absolutely love the Queen... the rest of the Royal Family, not so much. I have high hopes for Will and Harry, though. Stand-up dudes both of them. I look forward to Charles hopefully getting out of the way when QE2 does die, letting Will take the crown.

7. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

No way Charles abdicates (sp?) the throne for William. He's invested to much time and he really wants it too.

8. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

I hope Queen's Plate is not going to be SUPER packed and I have to wait in line for hours because of her.

Ohh... what am I saying, that is EXACTLY what is going to happen. lol

9. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

The way the Queen's going Charles himself might be too old/tired to take the throne anyway. No one has the Queen's energy for this job.

10. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

i think i am going to go see the queen!

11. nikki.classics

nikki.classics TRIBE Member

NO down with the queen in Canada!
    If they want to have a royal family wasting money in England that's fine, but leave Canada alone. Who do you think finances her trips here and pays for her fucking hats? That's right, we do! Even after all this time, we're still a goddamn colony.
    Furthermore, she sits on her fat ass all day and gets her face on my hard earned money. WTF is that all about?

12. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

Nothing like fawning over the rich and pampered. Looking down their noses on the common folk.

Bollocks to the Royal family. The whole idea of wanting to see them baffles me.

13. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

whoah. i think there are more appropriate concerns about your tax dollars than the Queen.

14. nikki.classics

nikki.classics TRIBE Member

^^^oh, i know there is. i just like to get my extra special hate on for the queen.

15. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

16. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

apparently the commonwealth countries do not pay (or contribute to) the Royal Family's income. apparently it's the British Gov't who supports them. Don't quote me on that though.

And while the Queen is an incredible lady, the rest of the Royal Family gets a big meh.

17. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Well, she flew over here on a Canadian Forces jet (probably Harper's plane) so we paid for that shit right there, as well as the costs of her visit.

18. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

THIS:
    And:

Move to the USA.

19. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

are you going with old bicycle guy?

20. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

no, i just might go on my own, maybe i'll run into him ;)

21. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

i love that guy!

[​IMG]

22. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

it's long overdue that we stop paying attention to this bullshit!!!

23. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

I'm all for the Republic of Canada.