• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hector Moralez this weekend!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

mixupmixup

TRIBE Member
1012867_o.gif

octo

TRIBE Member
i wish that place had better ventilation or a separate smoking room.

a little hypocritical considering i've contributed to the smokiness.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
im going cause mixup told me I had to, he's gonna be my date so he better put out.
and I would like to meet Octo please.
and if BBJ doesnt come imma kick him in the nads.

why does everyone always want to know set times? get there for midnight, leave when its over. whats to know?

HOLY FUCK YOU CAN SMOKE IN THERE? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? this is about to be my favourite venue ever me thinks.

Last edited:

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
they better have vodka and orange at this shindig. and they better not run out of it. just putting that out there.

alison87

TRIBE Member
Been on and off about heading to this, on a bit of an Ableton tip today and kinda wanna stay cozy zu Hause noodling with tunes, but if i do go i better see DG or i'm quitting Tribe.

alison87

TRIBE Member
Ahahaha i was drunk before i got there and resolved not to drop a bill on alcohol like i sometimes do at those freakin parties. My head thanks me today.

I think everyone has their favorite Loopity. Mine is usually Gord, i like his deepier and jazzier stuff, but he was in anthem mode last night. They both were, but Scott brought some banginger tunes that just worked better for me. Pretty sure Gord played House of 909 or something equally acid housey, though, so all is forgiven. I liked that broken piano song he closed with too, i know i've heard it many times before but don't know the name.

Was a bit unsure about Hector Moralez because i know him as a gangsta house DJ but the YouTube posted on the event wall was more like some vocal/funky thang. He destroyed it. Proper American/gangsta/jacking/whatever-you-want-to-call-it house. There were one or two tracks he even went minimalish, almost German. I think it was Hodges who popped in for a couple tracks at the end, then on to Dan and Gerard for more anthems. My body was an absolute wreck by that point tho, and i had to leave around 4:30-5ish.

I quit Tribe for 8 hours. DG, next time look for the tall one with a house tattoo who only stops dancing to get a drink or to get frustrated when some clown drops fucking Moloko in the middle of a decent track. Some sweet soul came up to me going "why so sad". Aw. It's more disappointment at having my dancefloor flow interrupted by a cheezy vocal breakdown ;)

PS massive kudos to the dude who gave me some much-needed water on the dancefloor. There are fuck all parties where that happens these days and i miss it.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
I quit Tribe for 8 hours. DG, next time look for the tall one with a house tattoo who only stops dancing to get a drink or to get frustrated when some clown drops fucking Moloko in the middle of a decent track. Some sweet soul came up to me going "why so sad". Aw. It's more disappointment at having my dancefloor flow interrupted by a cheezy vocal breakdown ;)

haha I love that song, I was so happy when it came on. :p I only remember two tall girls (or what I would consider tall) so maybe you were one of them.

i was so fucking drunk. according to my wallet I dropped 120 bucks on drinks, at 3 for 20 that would be 18 drinks. I cant even move right now. I have not left my bed all day. I found one ticket in my wallet this morning, and I know I got one person a drink. so that leaves 16. :O
I ran into some blast from the past elm street after hours people which was a really nice surprise.
picked up a hot 23 yr old.
harassed all the gay guys who were all totally adorable.
I put my ciggie out on some guys bag of weed cause I thought it was the ashtray (I wasnt even that drunk at that point). I thought it was kinda funny personally, he did not. some people are so touchy.
and I said some loserish stuff to someone I shouldnt have said loserish stuff to, and it did not garner a favourable response, so I can just add that to the list of my humiliation with that person and can continue to wish to crawl into a hole and die when I see them.
and im never drinking again.

alison87

TRIBE Member
Hahaha awesome. That fucking weed screwed me up too. I was hunting for it at one point and the dude gives me this shifty look like i'm undercover and i was like dude, i'm just looking for the fucking ashtray. Later in the night i found it on a barstool and brought it back to its rightful home.