• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Heatwave Toronto 2013

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I guess maybe I will turn the air conditioning on today. Yesterday my place was comfortably cool without air conditioning but I think the walls and roof must have stored yesterday's heat and are now releasing it into the house.

I love hot and can take a lot of heat but I am keeping an eye on my elderly Macedonian neighbor who was out in his backyard mowing his lawn yesterday with a push lawnmower in the heat of the day. If he needs any holes dug or bags of cement moved around today or whatever potentially lethal stuff he wants to get up to later I reckon I will attempt to talk him out of it, and if that fails, do it for him.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
EMBRACE THE HEAT !

fok man, just got back from OM, spent yesterday pool side at my parents, and now look forward to installing my ceiling fan in my bedroom, gonna try and go as long as i can without AC.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I'm going to Bangkok on Saturday, it's going to "feels like 49 celcius" when I'm there.

I was in Kensington in a tiny taco place yesterday, boiling to death, trying to tell myself to calm down and get used to it because it won't even match the 4 weeks in SE Asia I'm about to experience.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
We don't have AC, well there is a portable unit that came with the house, but it is sitting in the mudroom, and I don't know how to set it up! we have a dehumidifier, and a basement, so if it gets too hot I will sleep in the basement

peko

TRIBE Member
Central air is on and so are the ceiling fans. I prefer ceiling fans with windows open.

I like to keep the house between 21C - 22C for Mazzy Star & Tux the Cat. ;)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
I absolutely hate this weather when I am stuck in an office. However, come 5pm I will be a very happy person.

Nothing worse than sweating it out at work.

stryker

TRIBE Member
I'm dying.

I haven't put the a/c unit in the bedroom yet. After 4 cold showers I finally got to sleep somewhere around 4am. Got to work..turns out the building didn't turn on the A/C for our floors.

I'm going home to get shorts.....I was not built for this weather.

stew

mingster

TRIBE Member
this preggo was under the impression that this summer was going to be cooler than the last 2.

not impressed.

Preroller

TRIBE Member
I was picking stones today, had to stop at 11:30, I felt like I was going to have a heat stroke. waiting til 6 or 7 to go back out.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
all people do is complain about the fucking weather.

- its too cold out i wish it was hotter
- its too wet and rainy out i wish it was not raining.
- its too hot out wish it was slightly cooler.
- now its too cold again, why cant it just be perfect.....???

seriously, wtf, we live in Canada in southern ontario. we have SEASONS.

it goes from fucking cold to fucking hot and everything in between.

suck it up and enjoy the heat since most of you will be complaining as soon as its gone.

appreciate our summers that are seemingly half as long as our winters.

gah.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Er...Our winter this year was at least 2 months longer(probably more) than our summer will most likely be.

I'm loving the sunshine and beautiful skies. No heat wave here yet.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
I'm melting and this weather is making me extremely irritable. Really don't think I could live in in a hot weather climate like the Caribbean if I wasn't given the choice.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Anyone that wants temperatures that dont get to cold or hot, should move to New Zealand.

In summer, the average maximum temperature ranges between 20 - 30ºC and in winter between 10 - 15ºC.

it rarely goes above the low 20's in the summer.

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
I don't miss the hot humid days in Toronto.. But 19 overcast and raining here in Vancouver isn't much better

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
Yep, called something slightly different ( ORP - Om Reunion Project ) and kept to a small size( 1k or less ) no sales at the gate, must get membership in advance etc.

really awesome property, people and experience, much like in the early days, not like when i went last and there was like 4k people in 2004.

Very family oriented, tons of people brought their kids, everyone pitches in, does shifts etc. the weather was perfect.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
My classroom is 50 degrees. Students who did come in the afternoon (less than half) hung out in the hall and sat of the floor. Those that were helping me clean (moving classes) were dying. I had to rotate them through. At one point I felt sick to my stomach and spent 15 minutes lying on the hallway floor too.

750 ppl in that auditorium tomorrow night...Oh god.

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
all people do is complain about the fucking weather.

- its too cold out i wish it was hotter
- its too wet and rainy out i wish it was not raining.
- its too hot out wish it was slightly cooler.
- now its too cold again, why cant it just be perfect.....???

seriously, wtf, we live in Canada in southern ontario. we have SEASONS.

it goes from fucking cold to fucking hot and everything in between.

suck it up and enjoy the heat since most of you will be complaining as soon as its gone.

appreciate our summers that are seemingly half as long as our winters.

gah.
THIS!

Agree

Lojack

TRIBE Member
About 5 years ago I started to like the hot & humid weather. Up until then, I hated it. I don't know what changed, but you won't find me complaining these days. Actually, most days. I don't mind most weather, unless it rains for a week straight.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
When I was younger and a beach bum, I was a superstar in the sun and loved extreme heat as long as I was close to water and could go swimming. Anyway, now that I'm older I find myself bitching and whining mostly because the sun and heat cause lots of skin problems for me. This is probably the only real reason I hate weather like this because it worsens my eczema (skin condition) and I have to fucking visit my dermatologist more during the summer months.

Final rant in this thread, I hope! ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders