1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Heat Wave 2010

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Preroller, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

Holy fucking shit it was hot today...no breeze like the last couple days. I had a reading of 39c in the shade. Got out to the field at 6 am and it was already 26c. Deliveries are tomorrow so I ended up putting in 13 hours...had to take lots of breaks...felt like passing out few times...the frozen hat and shirt trick was little help. Called my Gma to make sure she was ok...anyone else feeling the heat?

YouTube - The Heat is On - Glenn Frey

2. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

just played another soccer game today in that. we were short, too. So played the entire game. At some point you just forget it's like 50 degrees.

good song too.

3. I_bRAD

I_bRAD TRIBE Member

Long hot day here too. It'll pass.

4. erika

erika TRIBE Member

this is what a continental climate summer is supposed to be like isn't it?
    I would rather have this than those dreary rainy grey days we had last summer.
    And my song posts for the weather are in the NC thread:
    Martha and the Vandellas doing Heat Wave and
    Erasure doing Too Darn Hot :)

5. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

6. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

7. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

i think that after 10 years of living here, i may have finally acclimatized to the humidity. anyhooters, i'm loving it (i would probably be loving it less without AC to sleep in). i have been outside a lot in the past few weeks and although i was kind of melting tonight, it's allright. i said that if we ever got a proper summer again (after the last two dismal years) i would never complain about the heat and i'm sticking to my promise!

and it's been sunny. just give me sun. i hate rain (in an ideal world, it would only be allowed to rain overnight or when i didn't have to do anything).

8. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

This is better than snow. What would Canadians talk about if we didn't have the seasons?

Get your sunscreen on and enjoy yourself.

Have a shower, wear deodorant.

9. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

my thoughts exactly.

10. Fillmore

Fillmore TRIBE Member

For the first time in a while I am happy to say I am enjoying this heat wave. I have central air in the condo but I am only using it from 11pm until 630am when I get up.

As mentioned above, this beats the hell out of all that rain we had last year.

11. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

i don't mind the heat. but i DO have to say that it is incredible how friggen hot it is this whole week!

i let the dogs out at 5am this morning, and it was still sweltering hot outside. i couldn't believe it!

12. moose-meat

moose-meat TRIBE Member

Funny how people will pay $2000 / $3000 for weather like this in February
    but will bitch and complain about it now when its free.

I love it. Bring me the HEAT !

13. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

i'd take a good pounding of snow over heat-wave anyday, but heat's alright as long as the A/C is working. variety rules.

it's the humidity/smog that's the killer. gimme a nice dry heat like in arizona/nevada any day.

14. nikki.classics

nikki.classics TRIBE Member

i want to run through the sprinklers! funny, i haven't seen many sprinklers on lately. i may have to take a little stroll after work today...

better yet, anyone know where i can find one of these?
    [​IMG]

15. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

Elissa did slip and slide at camp the other day. She informed me that she got a wedgie, but it was fun.

That would be wicked on our hill!

16. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

love it, bring it on.
    love getting to the beach, hanging outside, beers on my deck, etc. all the stuff you can't do in winter.

my only minor complaint is that we do need the rain... my garden and containers need it to help my water bill.

17. rave jedi

rave jedi TRIBE Member

Just have to survive today and tonight wih the heat. Should be cooling down a bit tomorrow. ;)

18. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

Speaking of beach the new faux pas beach Sugar Beach looks like it is set to open this weekend... Went and checked it out the other day and all the sand, chairs, and umbrellas are there... Looks like they need to get the water fountain going and that's it... Located on Queens Quay beside the Chorus bldg and Redpath sugar factory...

19. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

dislike humidity, like heat.

20. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

oh i don't consider anything in Toronto a real beach, i prefer the cleaner waters west of the city

21. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Was watching the news and they had a man on the street interview with someone who was saying "Canada complained about summer last year, now its hot and sunny and they're complaining - we're all complainers"!

Woah back up! I LOVED last summer, and to all the people who were bemoaning last year's awesome summer - I say to you: "Is this what you wanted, REALLY??"

22. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

This! When I stayed in Yuma AZ for a month, it was 120f every day, but it felt like 25c

23. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

east or west of the oil refinery at the mississauga-oakville border? :p

24. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

when i think beach i don't consider lake ontario or the GTA to be honest...

25. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

i love the dry heat, but its pretty uncomfortable when its so humid. that being said i havent been complaining about it so much as dealing with as much of it as i can, and then finding refuge in my colder the fuck residence, i actually have to get the AC turned down a bit ( temp goes UP ) from like 20 C to like 22 C , since my wife has been wearing sweaters and her bathrobe around the house , so she can easily remove it, and then be outside in shorts and tshirt or tank top.

regardless been loving the weather lately, great for patios and partying in the sun.
    need to head to my dads pool.

[jai]