• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hearing problems! ow, the club broke mine ears!

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
okay, so I have ringing in my ears pretty constantly... and I've come to terms with the fact its not magically musical faeries tormenting me... its hearing loss.

what can one do, despite having ear plus, to deal with the ringing, buzzing, droning tone that you get when you leave the club?

why does everything fun come with a cost?

stupid god.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I'm def. wearing ear plugs from now on. I hate those foam orange jobbies though, any good ones I can pick up a bundle of?

I hate trying to fall asleep with that low hum that seems to get louder while listening to silence.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
I'm def. wearing ear plugs from now on. I hate those foam orange jobbies though, any good ones I can pick up a bundle of?

the yellow foam ones with the blue plastic string... those are my fav but i can get you those or the orange ones by the boatload for free if you'd like

just pm me

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
ive been partying for 10 - 11 years and have yet to suffer any hearing loss or damage, my hearing is great, but im also a picky bastard about where i am in a club in respect to the spot with the best sound quality and along with the spot least likely to damage me ears.

the orange room was the worst in the city i used to walk around searching for a spot where it didnt feel like my ear drum was violently insubordinate and wanted to crawl deeper inside my head to hide from the noise polluting the room.

[jai]

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I think the dance cave sound is the worst in the city cause all the speakers used to be blown but they'd crank it anyway... way to much hiss and trble etc.

I buy te life brand ear plugs that are flesh coloured. They work well for me and they don't glow all alien like in your ear. The orange ones are a wierd shape

beaker

TRIBE Member
glych t.anomaly said:
ive been partying for 10 - 11 years and have yet to suffer any hearing loss or damage, my hearing is great, but im also a picky bastard about where i am in a club in respect to the spot with the best sound quality and along with the spot least likely to damage me ears
[jai]

right. how would you know how great your hearing is? do you get it tested regularly? if you've spent 10-11 years in clubs without earplugs, you have some hearing loss.

chris, you should see an audiologist and get your hearing tested and have earplugs fitted. it will cost you money but tinnitus is serious.

Last edited:

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
beaker said:
right. how would you know how great your hearing is? do you get it tested regularly? if you've spent 10-11 years in clubs without earplugs, you have some hearing loss.

chris, you should see an audiologist and get your hearing tested and have earplugs fitted. it will cost you money but tinnitus is serious.

had them test 3 years ago, they checked out a ok

and i am just goin by what the doctor told me, as well in the last 1.5 years i have been out to clubs less for just the fun of it, and more for choice events.

im not a dj, dont wear ear buds, and when i listen to music, i dont jeopordize my hearing by playing at levels that would be detrimental.

is it so odd that someone may have thought about their ears, before damage occurs?

[jai]

beaker

TRIBE Member
not at all and it's good that you're careful about it. but it's still a preposterous claim.. you may not have a problem that affects what you need to do in life, but you have certainly suffered some hearing loss. that's just how it goes.

vench

TRIBE Promoter
getting fitted for earplugs was the best thing I could have done and is something I suggest anyone who goes to clubs regularly should get too.

I hate going to clubs if I've forgotten them at home and sometimes will go back and get them. they make such a huge difference.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
beaker said:
not at all and it's good that you're careful about it. but it's still a preposterous claim.. you may not have a problem that affects what you need to do in life, but you have certainly suffered some hearing loss. that's just how it goes.

i cant assume i have suffered no hearing loss at all, just not enough that its made a difference, or affected the results of the hearing test i took a few years back.

i assume old age will be the most likely culprit when my hearing starts to go, there is still no cure for that.

[jai]

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
okay, so I have ringing in my ears pretty constantly... and I've come to terms with the fact its not magically musical faeries tormenting me... its hearing loss.

what can one do, despite having ear plus, to deal with the ringing, buzzing, droning tone that you get when you leave the club?

why does everything fun come with a cost?

stupid god.

I would go to the doctor. It could me hearing loss but it could also be the sign of something more serious. The doctor would know. But if it is hearing loss... there's not much you can do, you can't regain it. Ear plugs are your best bet imo.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
CHRIS.

Didn't you see me plug napkin balls into my ear? Yeah, that was definitely BAD sound last night. The bass is great but they had something up too high. It hurt at one point so I quickly went ot the bar for napkins.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
orange room and koolhaus... the ringings gone now, but I'm picking up SOMETHING for tonight. if I loose my hearing how will I enjoy the sound of my own voice, which we all know i enjoy so very very much!

actually the sound was way down for k-swing, I thought it be more pumpy!

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
I've only been in the Orange Room once (Labour of Love), and it was hands down the most uncomfortable I've ever been in a club - couldn't see (smoke machine), couldn't move (too many people), coulnd't breathe (heat and the smoke was too thick), and couldn't hear (an obnoxious MC had way too much wattage behind him... it was like a neverending baseball bat to the skull). Perhaps my problem was being completely sober, but I think I counted about 8 crying women in within 5 feet of me.

Never been back...

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
"Of all zee horrors in all ze world"

It_s_All_Gone_Pete_T_49251c.jpg

Taro

TRIBE Member
yeah the sound was excessive last night - I have mild ringing too - I knew as soon as I walked in that I should have brought ear plugs