• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Health and Nutrition - CHAT

lady c

TRIBE Member
Well, I thought I'd start a thread about health and nutrition. I don't know about anybody else, but sometimes (SOMETIMES) partying leads to being tired which leads to making poor choices in food and other.

For a newbie to food sensitivities and allergies, I have an impressive list of foods I'm supposed to avoid. All was good in the first 2 months but once the partying starts up again...man...fallin' off the wagon and always regretting it. Of course, only 20 minutes after I've polished off a huge piece of the 5-cheese macaroni casserole. Love comfort foods but most of them are on my "list."

So my question is two-fold: Anybody else have food allergies/sensitivities that are sometimes hard to nurture? If so, how do you get over those humps, especially when you're tired or very busy?

Merci!

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
tell me about it!!
i am supposed to avoid dairy, but when i fall off that wagon, i fall haaaaaaaaard.

i am also allergic to eggs and strawberries but i am much better about avoiding those. it just got to the point that when i would cheat, i would feel so sick or uncomfortable that it became a pavlovian response to avoid them.

anyway, i am basically a mental cripple when it comes to self control so i don't have too much good advice except to keep alot of quick, easy foods that are within your 'safe list' on hand at your house. if you have a safe option, you're less likely to fold.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I think it depends on your symptoms when eating eating your "avoidance foods" if it makes yo feel like shit then its easier to be conscious of not eating.. pasta makes me feel asstacular so its easy for me to not eat..

or you can learn how to make subsitutes.. like a rice noodle caserole with a bechemel sauce instead ..you could make it with lactose free milk and a touch of cheese for flavour on top and it's just as satisfying

also how did you determine you are not supposed to eat those foods?

I have been dealing with health problems for a couple years.. so many doctor visits no one helping me, telling me there is nothing wrong (chronic hives tummy issues) .. finally determined its food allergies.. recently found out I'm alllergic to eggs and intolerant to wheat (i already knew the wheat but the eggs was a shocker). (double whammy) If I eat eggs I get instant hives and tight itchy throat, my hands swell up where I touched the egg.. so its pretty easy to not want to eat them.. but also its hard to completely avoid.. today I ate breaded chicken a friend made.. but breaded, it was dipped in eggs didnt' realize until 1/2 hour later my neck is all hived up... Also found out I'm allergic to apples.. same reaction as eggs.... who knew you could be allergic to fruits.. apples are used in almost every other juice so now i drink herbal tea instead :|

Booty bits....do you find avoiding eggs hard? basically I can't eat anything premade or store bought.. its really hard! Even take out.. the smallest bit or eggs I totoally react too.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
So ok... you know that starts with the partying and you want a result?
How about stop partying?
You know, I bet you're the first person to ever think of such brilliant advice!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hamza

TRIBE Member
I don't take care of myself.

I will die by the age of 50.

I don't smoke or do drugs and don't over eat.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
lucky1, my allergy isn't that severe. like, i can eat a cake that has eggs baked into it. but i can't eat large amounts of egg at one time or else i get sick to my stomach and break out in a rash.

i can imagine that it would be hard to avoid eggs completely! i guess you'd have to hit up the health food stores for vegan versions of some stuff.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
mayo is my fave condiment too.. :( I bought soynaise but I haven't tried it yet.. this is still new to me so I think its going to take some getting used to

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I'm allergic to a bunch of different fruit.

I eat them as much as I can stand the side effects... since fruit is so yummy... Banana's I can't eat at all as I get instantly ill... so it was kindof easy to simply avoid. I loved Banana's though :(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
yeah i really like mayo too... i am cheatypants with it cuz i would cry if i had to give it up. i've never had soyanaise but my vegan friend used to eat it and she said it was good. but vegans are kinda loco. like, they convince themselves that tvp tastes like meat, which it doesn't.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
i know... a vegan friend told me about it,....I'll report bakc the honest truth about soynaise after I try it...lol