• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Heads up on MY photography opening!

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Oh look, an opening that I'm actually going to have work in.

Hi all.

If you would like to check out some of my thesis work that’s in progress for The Contact Photo Festival in May, we’re having a group photography show.
I have enough images done so far for a pre-show. If I can get the space, I should have at least 12 pieces up. Including a great pic of Mike Drury's ass! :D

You can get a sneak peek at the kind of work I am doing now.
We got a limited amount of time to showcase works from some of the most talented photographers I know! I’m happy about the lineup!

Wonderland
Monday, March 15 – 20
Reception: Thursday, March 18, 6 – 10 pm
Gallery 401 in 401 Richmond
At Richmond and Spadina

Come say hi and check out some photography. If not at the reception, viewing is available during the week. I think they close at 8 or something.
See y’all there.

xoxo

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

MoFo

TRIBE Member
47624670.jpg

thom100

TRIBE Member
ack its the same opening night as the "emerging artists" show at Pikto.

You should try to raise some shit, because who ever curated the show has only included Ryerson students . Which really is pretty lame when you are promoting your show as the up and coming photographers of Toronto.

If I don't have to work during the show I'll come check yours out.

vinder

TRIBE Member
i think he means the other show has only ryerson people in it, though it's supposed to be showcasing all up and coming talent

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
The Contact Photo Festival in May

can you keep us informed on this?

i'd love to see your work sometime, i'd love to go -anywhere- really, but school = my life until april 28

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
You can get a sneak peek at the kind of work I am doing now.

I'm going to go and negatively critique your photos in a jealous fit of rage.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by thom100
exactly.

Oh. What's wrong with having people in Ryerson in it?
Students can be fresh too.
I actually think a lot of the work coming out of OCAD is WAY better than the boring ass perfected shit coming out of the gallery scene these days.

EDIT: nevermind. I didn't read that properly.

Well, I think no one applied from OCAD. I mean, I missed the deadline because we're all so busy. I applied to Imageworks and this thing. And got picked. So.

Last edited:

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Heads up on MY photography opening!

Originally posted by zoo
can you keep us informed on this?

i'd love to see your work sometime, i'd love to go -anywhere- really, but school = my life until april 28

Sure, that will be May.
And it will be up for the month of May at Propeller Gallery.
23 artists in one place!

And of course, our OCOD Graduate Show.

thom100

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Heads up on MY photography opening!

Originally posted by PosTMOd
I'm going to go and negatively critique your photos in a jealous fit of rage.

with that attitude you are officially qualified to not only be an art critic , but a true artist yourself.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
True. You take photos, Timo. Most art critics don't make art.
Except me. :) Hence, that's why I have the upperhand. *scoff*

Art is so pretentious. I love it.

thom100

TRIBE Member
Oh. What's wrong with having people in Ryerson in it?
Students can be fresh too.
I actually think a lot of the work coming out of OCAD is WAY better than the boring ass perfected shit coming out of the gallery scene these days.

EDIT: nevermind. I didn't read that properly.

Well, I think no one applied from OCAD. I mean, I missed the deadline because we're all so busy. I applied to Imageworks and this thing. And got picked. So.

I was just letting you in on some inside info that the curator is from Ryerson...and only picked his friends (from what I understand). And in my opinion that totally kills the show. I wish there was some variety , and the show had the support of all the photography programs in T.O. .

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by thom100
I was just letting you in on some inside info that the curator is from Ryerson...and only picked his friends (from what I understand). And in my opinion that totally kills the show. I wish there was some variety , and the show had the support of all the photography programs in T.O. .

I completely agree.
But I guess it's hard to access other places?
Was it pegged as a Ryerson show?
I have a few friends in Image Arts and apparently, they do colour in third year when we do it in first!
Which is insane!

Moez

TRIBE Member
Sweet. I will deffinitely try make it out. I've been wanting to see more of your work for so long.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
ACK, the opening is NOT TOMORROW.

I have been so busy lately that I have been getting my days mixed up. The opening is NEXT Thursday, the 18th. 6 - 10.

DO NOT go tomorrow although I'm sure there will be some other great show on. :)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Royalty is welcomed but you have to mingle with all us common people.

And the show is on the second floor, Gallery 401. Room 240.

BRING CASH for bar donations and food donations.

We have "hired" a caterer who is doing it all for free so we want people to be generous when eating his h'ors d'oeuvres.

Yay, saw the space today. It's gonna be a neat little jam. Lots of work to see.

I'm only putting up a few pieces because I think cramming it would totally take away from the cohesiveness of the show.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
We just hung the work yesterday.
My quality is pretty shoddy compared to everyone else but whatever. I'm ghetto.

It's all about the images.

It's a really nice space. I can't wait to see who turns out. There is some really nice work going into the show. Some really talented emerging people who are sure to be snapped up by representatives. We shall see. :)