• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Headphones

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Hey yall

Apparently I have blown the speaker in my left ear bud. Not exactly sure how I did this because I dont listen to my headphones to loud.

Anyhow it is time to replace the headphones. I am a huge fan of the ear buds. I like how comfortable they are and how small and versitile they can be. I am asking you guys what is the best pair of ear buds out there? I am hoping to keep it around 30-40 dollars.

Any suggestions? Or should I stick with the same brand that came with my mp3 player?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Here's a pair I just got on deep's recommendation:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1389409

They're slightly above your price range and aren't ear buds, but I find earbuds to seriously lack in bass quality. These ones are incredible sound quality for the price. Best portable headphones I've ever owned.

But if you insist on earbuds I imagine you'd have to pay a bit more to get anything of reasonable quality. All depends on how important sound quality is to you.

Until of course, someone who knows more about it proves me wrong.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10062827&catid=

I highly sugguest these.
JVC Lightweight Earbud Headphones (HA-FX55V-W)
10062827.jpg

50$

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Thanks guys :D

I was actually looking at those JVC ones.

Chris, I actually really like the ear buds because of the gym and such. Especially for running. I find the over the head ones to be a bit to bulky and uncomfortable. I am also aware that ear buds unfortunatly means less quality. If it was just for chillin and illin on the subway and such I would definitely spend the extra money on the ones you pointed out.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
Here's a pair I just got on deep's recommendation:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1389409

They're slightly above your price range and aren't ear buds, but I find earbuds to seriously lack in bass quality. These ones are incredible sound quality for the price. Best portable headphones I've ever owned.

But if you insist on earbuds I imagine you'd have to pay a bit more to get anything of reasonable quality. All depends on how important sound quality is to you.

Until of course, someone who knows more about it proves me wrong.

I have those too and love them. I find earbuds fall out too much, I prefer they have a head or neck band.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I had a pair of clip ons like that a while ago, but without the plastic sheath. Holy shit did they drive me nuts, irritating my ears on long trips. Hopefully the plastic makes the behind-the-ear contact less abrasive.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Fillmore said:
Thanks guys :D

I was actually looking at those JVC ones.

Chris, I actually really like the ear buds because of the gym and such. Especially for running. I find the over the head ones to be a bit to bulky and uncomfortable. I am also aware that ear buds unfortunatly means less quality. If it was just for chillin and illin on the subway and such I would definitely spend the extra money on the ones you pointed out.
Yeah these JVC ones are great. They come with switchable sizes for your ear which kinda of vacume in there which works wonders when I run with them, so they stay on tight and seem to block out a ton of noise. They sound wicked too nice deep base they even have a volume slider which I use alot of if I need to hear something and don't want to fish the pod out of the pocket to pause ect.

I prefer these over any clip ons too because they are not as bulky. I'm sporting a nano around so would hate to carry head peices larger then the palyer itself.

Last edited:

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
I got these Sony ones, MDR ex71sl

image.php

Similar to the JVC ones, they actually stick into your ear and give great isolation from outside sound. Bass is nice and boomy and the highs sound really good. I picked up mine off ebay for around 35 bucks shipped here from the states.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
I had a pair of clip ons like that a while ago, but without the plastic sheath. Holy shit did they drive me nuts, irritating my ears on long trips. Hopefully the plastic makes the behind-the-ear contact less abrasive.

it's actually soft rubber :)

outofcontrol

TRIBE Member
zoo said:
ksc75-1.jpg

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/clip-on/koss-ksc-75.php

for portability, i use these, clip style, incredibly better sound and incredibly more comfortable

anyone who has a pair will tell you the same ..

I bought these after reading about them here, and completely agree. I spent a full year looking for portable headphones, and with these, the sound quality and bass response greatly exceeded every pair I had tried.
I've already ordered 2 more sets for when I've worn them out.

zoo

TRIBE Member
nobody that has owned a pair of koss ksc-35, 50, or 75 ever has anything bad to say about them :)

and unless you've owned them (or a pair of true hi-fi headphones) you don't really know what you're missing ...