1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Headphone care

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by Deus, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

I have a pair of AKG headphones that I've had now for 5 or 6 years. The padding around the earpieces is starting to crack and flake. It seems that it needs some conditioning/moisturizing.

What can I do to prevent the cracking? Is there a product or can I replace the padding?

2. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

my akg phones came with set pairs of ear cushions. but after 5 years you probably don't have that 2nd pair any more...hmm...thinking outside the box, you could always use an inexpensive skin moisturizer....? replacements are definitely out there for sale though

3. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

I was thinking of using a hand moisturizer too! :)

It's good to hear that replacements are available. I will look into it. Thanks!

4. DoubleDown

DoubleDown TRIBE Member

Wont 100% absorb and will leave a small greese film or hard film depending on the product.

Use Leather Conditioner... but even better... vinyl conditioner. Canadian Tire Auto section.

5. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

you could always armour-all your ears before and after every use :p :p

6. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

....it puts the lotion on its skin....