• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

HD Movie Torrents

sumoJr

TRIBE Member
haha, its not that funny
I had 3 different copies of this on my drive I just deleted, (21gb in total)
I thought there was an audio option in there that was bugging it up
I hope the kill bill 2 isnt like this, think that be something they say in the notes
(beeping through out the file)

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
Was it random beeping or just when they said her name?
(like in the scene where she meets Vivica A Fox's daughter)

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
As for your virus query, it's worse than torrent sites. The sheer amount of viruses propagated to usenet in a day is staggering.

lol, are you saying this to scare people away from newsgroups? I've never gotten a virus from one.

And how exactly have NZBs reduced your enjoyment of newsgroups? You just search for your intended target and then download it, it's not like you interact with anyone. If you want to talk with nerds while downloading illegal things, go back to IRC. :p

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
haha, its not that funny
I had 3 different copies of this on my drive I just deleted, (21gb in total)
I thought there was an audio option in there that was bugging it up
I hope the kill bill 2 isnt like this, think that be something they say in the notes
(beeping through out the file)

THE BEEPING IS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE IT'S PART OF THE FILM!

lol

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
lol, are you saying this to scare people away from newsgroups? I've never gotten a virus from one.

And how exactly have NZBs reduced your enjoyment of newsgroups? You just search for your intended target and then download it, it's not like you interact with anyone. If you want to talk with nerds while downloading illegal things, go back to IRC. :p

:)

i use newzbin for my indexing.. people comment on the uploaded files as far as them being able to install, infected etc..

torrents (mostly on public trackers) are a haven for pay-per-install injections but have tapered off a bit as most are get banned pretty quickly.

Jay

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oddmyth

TRIBE Member

I'm not sure why you would think newsgroups would be less of a haven for viruses. Considering most zero-day releases are ravenously downloaded from newsgroups first before being put out on public trackers, newsgroups are the prime target for virus dispersal.

People forget to do a lot of things when they are really excited, and a great deal of virii are propogated from newsgroups into the wild.

rod_g

TRIBE Member
You donated money to a pirate site? Pretty cool when they eventually get shut down as they all do, and authorities have your money transfer details.

Noodles0

TRIBE Member
yes! go with AstraWeb 11$ a month is a sick deal for what you get. Been with them for about 6 months now and i got 0 complaints. Never got a virus from downloading from newsgroups but from torrents that's a different story. =|

acheron

TRIBE Member
ok here's a question, when you download an HD torrent how do you play it on your teevee? Blue-ray burners are expensive and slow... so what do you use?

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
ok here's a question, when you download an HD torrent how do you play it on your teevee? Blue-ray burners are expensive and slow... so what do you use?

I've got a DVI -> HDMI cable for the video that links my PC up to my TV, and then I run the audio separately to my home theater system via optical cable.

You can also get one of those Western Digital Media Players that do most current file types (they're running about $120 these days), but the player doesn't have a hard drive so you need a separate external hard drive along with it.

Also, my PC is OLD (5+ years) and besides getting the right codecs, all I needed was a $45 video card to make it work.

Last edited:

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
You can play your HD content with the very cheap but well put together WDTV

I wouldnt call the WDTV "very cheap", it looks pretty simple and the remote is cheap, but I'd say it has all the features it needs.

I have once, and I love it.

Got it for $120 at best buy.

It plays x264, mkv, avi, dvix, mp4, etc etc etc absolutely flawlessly. HD rips play perfectly.