• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

HBO's The Wire

toney

TRIBE Member
What .. no one posted this yet?

Crazy news and way too soon as everything he touched seemed to bleed reality. He will be missed and thankfully he was able to do what he did to mondernize story telling for the medium ..

David Mills, a veteran television writer who worked on the award-winning series ER and The Wire, collapsed on an production set in New Orleans on Tuesday and died. He was 48. Mills had been living in New Orleans while co-writing and acting as co-executive producer of the new HBO series Treme, which is set to premiere April 11. He wrote two of the upcoming episodes, which are being shot in the city. Wendell Pierce, who played Detective William (Bunk) Moreland on The Wire, and plays a musician in Treme, said Mills “was carrying on a conversation and just fell over. They called the medics, but there was nothing to be done.”

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
MARLO is a free man, once again.

f4b92ef04fc2b3bb4d912e70e77c.jpeg

Men acquitted in killing of Ephraim Brown; boy

the resemblance is amazing

The_Wire_Marlo.jpg

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I just started watching this show - currently midway through season 2. It is really good!

Ever since I cut off my cable, I find that I am watching better quality TV.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Welcome alexd.

Enjoy what's coming, savour every moment. You'll never get another chance to experience it for the first time...

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
I just started watching this show - currently midway through season 2. It is really good!

Glad to know you got a mitt and decided to get in the game.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Welcome to the tribe, Alex ;)

The Wire is one of the very few greats, but it is an investment of time. I once read an article that stated The Wire was a "Great American Novel" that was filmed instead of written. I find that description quite apt.

-- L

lobo

TRIBE Member
I recently finished watching the show and I give it a thumbs up too. I don't necessarily think it was the best show out there ever but the stories and acting was really good. Perhaps one had to watch it at the time that it came out for it to have a bigger impact (or maybe I should have watched it while not surfing on the net at the same time). Still, I would always recommend this show to someone. Season 1 & 2 were my favourite ones and the school one (season 4?) was also very good.

Lobo

MoFo

TRIBE Member
The commentary is also amazing.
The set is on sale right now on Amazon. I think it's $90 or so, down from $180?

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member

yup great show all the way through. I watched every season on dvd in large marathon chunks. Haven't had cable for a few years. You take in much less advertising this way, and you don't end up paying for and watching garbage! :D All the money I saved went to buying music online ($50 a month....yeah that sounds about right!)

Rage

TRIBE Member
I'm so jealous...if only I was able to wipe my memory clean and go through it all over again.

This show is amazing...really, it's something you just don't come across on TV very often.

Season two was "ok"...I'll give it a 9/10 as well as Season 4...all the rest of the seasons are 11/10...Season 3 is OUT OF HAND amazing...the series finale is a masterpiece.

I've mentioned it in this thread before but for any of you who have never checked out David Simon's Homicide Life on the Streets...it's a MUST!

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
seasons four and five are overrated (and I say this as a long standing fanatic who fully admits the series RULES SUPREME above all else)

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I'm so jealous...if only I was able to wipe my memory clean and go through it all over again.

This show is amazing...really, it's something you just don't come across on TV very often.

Season two was "ok"...I'll give it a 9/10 as well as Season 4...all the rest of the seasons are 11/10...Season 3 is OUT OF HAND amazing...the series finale is a masterpiece.

I've mentioned it in this thread before but for any of you who have never checked out David Simon's Homicide Life on the Streets...it's a MUST!

Just started to watch Treme .. I tried watching it before, but got caught up in other shows. So far so good.

Jay

Rage

TRIBE Member
Just started to watch Treme .. I tried watching it before, but got caught up in other shows. So far so good.

Jay

Hmmm...honestly, I've given it a fair chance...watched the first 4 episodes and couldn't get into it...way too slow for my liking.