1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Hazing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Buddy Holly, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

Did anyone else catch the Windsor Spitfire's that are under alot of heat for initiating rookies. The classic naked rookies in the coach bus bathroom. Really good fight broke out in practice leaving the star player and star rookie player bruised up. What are your thoughts on the initiation process? Do you think it is a valid part of sport or just a barbaric way of status bullshit between players??

2. kerouacdude

kerouacdude TRIBE Member

see the McGill thread a few weeks back for thoughts on the validity of cock-smokin', gay homosexual rites of passage in sports.

3. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

Not talking about gayness in sports.
    :confused:

4. kerouacdude

kerouacdude TRIBE Member

5. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

6. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

I don't consider a 'hotbox' or the 'gauntlet' to be hazing. That term to me is negative and involves serious humiliation and or harassment. 'Rooking' or 'initiation' is nothing more than good natured fun. Nobody gets hurt, or traumatized. Every 'initiation' I've participated in has always known the limits and anyone who didn't want to do it, didn't have to. The shit that went down in Tilbury and at MacGill was way far over the line. It's assholes like that that ruin it for everyone.

Pretty soon calling someone a 'rookie' will be considered hazing.

7. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

the nude hotboxing is defintealy gay and definately hazing.

8. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

It's the pain of denial.

I would like to state for the record that Deion Sanders is gay. 20 years from now the story will break and you will look it up on Tribe cause you know you'll all still be posting on here

9. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

OHL heavily punishes Spitfires, Mantha

Holy fuck that's some stiff punishment.

10. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

looks good on em.
    as far as Mcgill story, a rookie was ' sexually assaulted with a broomstick ' .
    has nothing to do with ' gay '.
    has everything to do with initiation rites.
    and it should have NO place in school sports.

11. johnc

johnc TRIBE Member

i mean, who hasn't been sexually assaulted w/a broomstick at one point or another?

LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.

<looks around>
    <runs>

12. kerouacdude

kerouacdude TRIBE Member

Making the rook pay, dress in costume/drag, blindfolding them and dropping them off in the middle of nowhere = initiation rites
    Being anywhere near another man's shit cutter or nut sac with anything = gay