• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hawtin @ System

UR

TRIBE Member
So here we go again. Minus has'nt been updated in awhile.

I guess this another "closer" tour coming back around?

Who else is on the card?
Magda ???
UR

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Hawtin, with the resident opening (and closing? dunno.)

I'm not sure what to expect from him. Opera house was nice and bangin, but is this the actual tour for Closer?

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
Hawtin, with the resident opening (and closing? dunno.)

I'm not sure what to expect from him. Opera house was nice and bangin, but is this the actual tour for Closer?
I thought the surface gig was...he's really out to promote this thing...man, I'm really biting my nails on what to expect from the man this time 'round:(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tekno princess
according to their site, Deko-ze is opening.......
you have GOT to be kidding me...

...jesus fuck.

(no offence to Deko-ze, but he ain't my cup 'o tea, seen?!)

d.code

TRIBE Member
Well he's playing at system-
so who else would you expect to open for him?? The guys from release?

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by d.code
no kidding.
Deko-ze is a very versatile DJ....I'm sure most of you who have expressed your disinterest in him have not heard him spin more than twice.

derek

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by d.code
me or you could open for him.

dekoze is a good dj, but just a dj nonetheless. like the thousands of other djs who could rock it out if given a chance, or promoted themselves as well as dekoze does.

peace,

derek

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by djUnabomber
deko-ze is one SERIOUS closet techno dj. you'll be surprised...

I remember slagging De-koze for being the slated opening act for Ben Sims (roxy blu) a couple years ago. Then i witnessed him in action (not mentioning where) but fuck that dude has serious skills... 3 decks rolling non stop and just pure phunk. It was more house orientated but i know the guy has techno...

Not to mention he is a class act guy... why the hell not Dekoze?

doesn't really affect me, i doubt i'd hit this up...

just my two scents - stinky ones at that.

ez,

s
d:)

seeker

TRIBE Member
<rubs eyes>
<double checks name>
<looks to be sure sky isn't falling>

uhhh.... who are you and what have you done with Doug?

:p

J e l o

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by derek
me or you could open for him.

dekoze is a good dj, but just a dj nonetheless. like the thousands of other djs who could rock it out if given a chance, or promoted themselves as well as dekoze does.
Not that I'm the end all be all of opinions but
I really disagree with what you have said. Not everyone gets the chance to rock out for many reasons and the ones that do get that shot...well, there's obviously a reason for that too.
Dekoze is an amazing DJ and a great choice to open for either Hawtin or Plastikman.

derek

TRIBE Member
^^^

oh, i agree dekoze is a good choice for opening, and as mentioned does promote himself well. and i'm happy he gets the opportunity, he deserves it.

i'm just stating that other dj's would be capable of the gig too, as an answer to dcode question: so who else would you expect to open for him??

dcode is quite capable of opening for richie. so would i, but i suck at promoting myself. infact, you should open for him:D

peace,

derek

The Kid

TRIBE Member
What's going on around here? Techno Room has turned into the Deko-ze fanclub?!

;)

The last time I heard him he spun trance, and I was feelin' it, or his mixin' .... yeah yeah maybe I'll give him another listen...!

fuck, can't be a snob around here anymore... jesus fuck.

:D

le kid

laser_racer

TRIBE Member
rich in vancouver

He's playing here in Vancouver on Wednesday January 28th at Caprice night club which has to be one of the most progressive clubs in town. I guess the idea is to expand his following of listeners instead of staying devoted to the people who would be really into hearing him at Lotus or even Sonar. I'm sure many of those people won't be going to the night simply because of where it's at and the general atmosphere of the club. I'm sitting on the edge but I doubt I'll go.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djUnabomber
deko-ze is one SERIOUS closet techno dj. you'll be surprised...

yeah mon. Kenny Glasgow and Dekoze played B2B at a Smirnoff Jam at the big space in the CNE ... and holy fuck.

one of the sickest B2B sets I've witnessed!!!!

he will surprise.

RatP

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
Guess what?

Jan 30th South Park sing along at the Bloor !!

WOO HOO !!

There is now something better to go and see instead of richie that night :eek:

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
i didn't like decozy when I saw him play (opening for ben sims)

the turntable setup that night didn't help matters...so I don't know if it's a fair judgement.

either way, all you fuckin suckaz can go to richie, and the rest of us will have a meatheadless party where the Tuborg comes in Pint cans!!!!!

(or I guess you could go to the South Park Singalong with sara...)

richie and dekoze vs. jeff samuel and eliot lazor.....
HMMMMMMMMMMM?!?!?

destro

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by mrs peacock
who is jeff samule?

for someone who says she sticks more to the minimal tech-house side of things I'm surprised you dont know Jeff Samuel

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories