• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hawaiian Coffee

C-NiCE

TRIBE Promoter
I can't remember the name of the vendor but there is a place at St. Lawrence Market that sells Kona coffee.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
Moonbeam Coffee Co in the Kensington Market - roasted fresh, 100% Kona (It's Phenomenal). I think they sell for about $25-$35 a lb. Very reasonable for the quality as I remember (i.e. you won't find it cheaper).

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Yeah, i was going to recommend moonbeam but i was beaten to the punch

anyhow, i just want to ask, exactly how good is kona coffee that it's worth that much money?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
Moonbeam's Kona is fannn-tastic if it's fresh and brewed properly.

Losts of places roast the beans too dark giving it a very strong acidic taste - moonbeam doesn't roast them quite that dark, so it's just about the tastiest coffee on god's green earth.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

annec

TRIBE Member
It's expensive b/c you're paying US wages to workers. The plant is still Arabica, but you're getting different tastes because of volcanic soil, nearby environment and plants, etc. MMM, Kona!

peko

TRIBE Member
Maybe at the Roastery (?), on the corner of Liberty and Pardee Street. They have great coffee at reasonable prices (I think organic coffee was $12.99/pound).

Or, try the Rustic Cosmo Cafe at 1278 Queen Street (west of Dufferin), near Dan Ackroyd's bar.

I've tried Liberty Street Cafe, but no organic (despite lots of java picks).

Hawaiian coffee is liquid gold! Good luck in your search.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
The 'rents just brought me back some kona coffee (badass coffee co.) from their trip to hawaii... can't wait to pick it up! the best.

oh toro

TRIBE Member
whatever you do, don't put kona in your coffee machine as you'll be wasting it. kona is best brewed in a french press. use a coarse grind.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I love our french press. The one thing that sucks is the amount of coffee that can be made in it. I'm sure they have bigger ones but whateve.