• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hawaii Advice!

RJ45

TRIBE Member
Which is a better idea? (For a honeymoon..)

PLAN A:

5 days Big Island
5 days Maui
2 days Oahu

PLAN B:

4 days Big Island
3 days Maui
3 days Kauai
2 days Oahu

The way I see it, Plan A lets us relax more but Plan B lets us see and do more.

Advice from people who have been to Hawaii is much appreciated!

Word up Tribe.

- Sam

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyuss

TRIBE Member
I went to Hawaii before for a Christimas vacation with the folks when I was younger. Maui was the best spot for sure. Honalulu was ok, but was like any other city. I'm not into seeing cities when it comes to tropical islands.

Maui is one of the most beautiful islands I've seen before by far. Take Plan A, you'll appreciate it, especially on your honeymoon :eek:

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
I only went to the big island for a few days and it was no big deal really. It was very American. Gap, Diesel, mall mall mall, giant americans, greasy food. The North Shore was nice. If I was to do it again I would immediatly head to the other islands though.

Gravid

TRIBE Member
I've been twice and seen pretty much everything on the islands and I would scrap plan A and B.
For honeymooning, I would try and spend as much time as possible on Maui and Kauai.
Maui has a bit everything, mountains, rainforest, shopping, nightlife(nothing crazy), restaurants, beaches, great surfing- my fav of the islands and you can fly directly in.
Kauai is by far the most beautiful of the islands, especially the Hanalei Bay end, my brother got married there and it was really nice. Although it is the least built up of the islands and relies on its extreme beauty to attract people. Maybe a good place to finish up the trip relaxing.

The other islands all seemed the same with big cities, shopping malls and crowded beaches.
That being said, I wouldn't worry too much about it, Hawaii is by far the most beautiful place where ever you go, but bring a big wallet, nothing is cheap although our dollar will help.

Have fun!!:)

RJ45

TRIBE Member
mikeryan said:
I only went to the big island for a few days and it was no big deal really. It was very American. Gap, Diesel, mall mall mall, giant americans, greasy food. The North Shore was nice. If I was to do it again I would immediatly head to the other islands though.
Big Island <> Oahu

Oahu = Honolulu, Waikiki, North Shore.
Big Island = Volcanos, Kona, Hilo, etc.

:)

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I normally don't care too much about the scenery, but that all changed after I went to Hawaii. It is easily the most beautiful place I've been to.

I want to go back!

rod_g

TRIBE Member
Another vote for Maui as the best spot to go

Did the coupley vacation thing for a week with my wife

We spent the majority of the time in Maui, which is absolute beautiful.

Spent 1 day site seeing in Waikiki... it was just enough time to see the city... climbed up to DiamondHead... did some shopping

Don't forget to buy a pineapple at the airport :p

The Kid

TRIBE Member
Oahu (Waikiki, north shore) is fucking fantastic, Maui and Kuai are beautiful, big island sucks unless you golf.

limil

TRIBE Member
Been to Maui 3 times all for windsurfing - but there are sooo many other things to do like hiking inside Haleakala at 10,000ft; snorkeling on the Molokini Crater; drive on Hana highway...

Plan A is good!

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
noodle said:
North Shore is my absolute favourite place on earth.

YES

You owe it to yourself to hit up this seafood restaurant in Haleiwa. Can't remember the name - it's right near the harbour. It's on the North side of the road at the east edge of town. Anyway, absolutely amazing. I ate this dish of hot and sour calamari that was the tastiest seafood dish I've ever had. They have an amazing patio.... There were actually peacocks hovering within 5 feet of the table mooching.

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
The Kid said:
Oahu (Waikiki, north shore) is fucking fantastic, Maui and Kuai are beautiful, big island sucks unless you golf.

Waikiki was allright, but not really north shore. The stretch between Haleiwa and Sunset Beach, I'm especially fond of.