• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Have milkcrates gotten smaller?

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Because the last couple I managed to find were way too narrow to fit my records.

Can anyone suggest some other (inexpensive, preferably free) means of storing vinyl? Right now I have a ton just leaning against a wall - very bad!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
No, milk crate haven't gotten smaller, and your vinyl hasn't gotten bigger.

It's just a mystery, up there with the Lock Ness monster, and other whatnot stuff.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
they have specially made "milkcrates" at play de records for $15... or you can buy a bookshelf that'll hold records.. that's what i do :)

Marcin M :)

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
i've known about this for a while, but i think its hilarious that they started making narrower milk crates a few years ago to curb the DJ thievery.
smart cookies down there at the milk company!

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayIsBored
i just skimmed this thread so i don't know if it's been mentioned

but yes, they are 2% smaller

is this true for only some milk crates, or is the change homogenized across the milk crate industry?

ian

TRIBE Member
I believe it was actually back in the 70s they started making them smaller. The only ones that fit records these days are ancient (or recently re-made ala Play De).

-ian g.

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deep
is this true for only some milk crates, or is the change homogenized across the milk crate industry?

my friend beatrice told me this was not the case and it's been an udder disaster!

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Alright! You'd all better cut out this horse play before I cream the bunch of ya!

(Sorry that this joke was so latte.)