• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hatiras @ DV8 - London

Opel

TRIBE Promoter
i sure had a gooooood time :)

Got there early for Jeremy Crack (good luck in Toronto!) :) He played some great tracks...im in love with that Terminalhead tune! I soooooo regret not buying it.

Hatiras was damn good :) Nothin like some good funky hizouse to take the blues away...heard the tables skip on him a few times, but he recovered well.

Cure in the back room was sick as usual...the MCs were a lil blah, but oh well, what can you do? The mic was wayyy too loud, couldnt understand one word.

Left kinda early around 3, i was startin to get sleepie.

Congrats to NEC for bringing weekly events back to London. Ive got a secret about whos coming in March, and im not gonna tell! :)
(hint, my favourite DJ EVER)

I was happy to see such a good crowd and i will see you all next week for Czech and Chris Anderson. :D

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Opel
Congrats to NEC for bringing weekly events back to London. Ive got a secret about whos coming in March, and im not gonna tell! :)
(hint, my favourite DJ EVER)

lol I know, I know! :D

I had a good time too. First time hearing Hatiras and he performed as expected. Went to bed way too late, got up way too early.....gah. Is it bedtime yet?

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
I hurt...thank goodness for coffee.

Last night was fantastic. It's unfortunate that there was no live portion, but Hatiras ripped it up nonetheless.
Jeremy Crack played a wicked set beforehand and heat up the dancefloor veeery nicely.
Greg Benz just pounded out the tunes...this boy is London's own Danny Howells with a bit mo flare!
Olga - "Danny Howells say wha!?!" :D

The Atomik room was thumping as well. Cure and Melting Man kept the beats going and the backroom crowd shaking. Great tunes all night!

Props to NEC, Cure, and Anthony[2Wars] for a fantastic night. See you all next Friday for Czech!
WEEE!
Thanks to Sarah [Skipper] for her hospitality afterward and forcing DJ Trainwreck [me] out of her shell for a few tracks.
:p

XXX
Marian@Work

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *TheLiquidFairy*
Greg Benz just pounded out the tunes...this boy is London's own Danny Howells with a bit mo flare!

I remember when I first saw Greg's tape in the old location of Saxophone (on Richmond, in that clothing store) and Nitin told me that "Greg (was) gonna be the next Sasha!". I laughed, but he may not have been too far off! LOL!

too bad I missed the opening. I definitely won't be in next week, due to the Valentine's Day plans I have, but I will be there for Greg Gow!

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by seeker

I remember when I first saw Greg's tape in the old location of Saxophone (on Richmond, in that clothing store) and Nitin told me that "Greg (was) gonna be the next Sasha!". I laughed, but he may not have been too far off! LOL!

Greg has a perfect ear for mixing and is a perfectionist.
His production work with MD is fantastic and there's no telling what he'll be doing gig/production wise in the next year or so.
Boy has massive talent and the world will know soon.

No I'm not his dj groupie :p

Okay, back to work for the both of us!

XXX
Marian@Work

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Marian, no prob having you over. I'm glad you were able to take over because me + drunk + weed + records = bad news.

...to those of you who were over last night and were smoking in our building hallway, I'm totally appalled that a/ you didn't go outside to smoke, as asked, b/ you didn't bother taking a beer bottle out to ash in and just did so on the carpet and c/ you butted out your cigs on the carpet. Our neighbors are bitching because their apartments stink and the hallway is a fucking mess. Thanks a ton. :rolleyes:

For everyone else, it was nice having you over.

Greg Benz

TRIBE Member
Thanks for the compliments guys :)

I'm glad everyone had a good time!! Friday's are going to be allot of fun....

Cheers!!

Greg.

Opel

TRIBE Promoter
Sarah: sorry i didnt swing by last nite...cathy wanted to go to sleep and it sounded like a damn good idea ;)

blueker

TRIBE Member
The back room had a tight vibe on Fri! Nice set by Cure. Hatiras bored me. Greg spun a good set as well.

Sarah, I was told we could smoke in the hall. I did not butt my cigarette out on the carpet. Sorry if somebody else did...

dlerium88

TRIBE Member
^^ Anthony played a decent set.

I spent most of the night in the backroom...big up the DJ Cure!

Props to NEC..the turnout was fantastic...I havent seen that place that packed in a while.

wee london is back!

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
wasn't there...

but if I was I would be up in the back room reppin ATM with my boy DJ Cure and MC Ytee!

Artistic/Talent/Misplaced

Destro

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Greg Benz
Thanks for the compliments guys :)

I'm glad everyone had a good time!! Friday's are going to be allot of fun....

Cheers!!

Greg.

Greg drinks his own pee... snoogins :)

seeker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Destro Sanchez

Artistic/Talent/Misplaced

Liar!!

Acid/Trees/Meth

but yeah, those two turkeys know how to hold it down proper. Respect to the pillars of London's ailing jungle scene.

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
good times had, but god damn! they really need to do something about the system in the back room. the mic was too loud, but even when no one was on the mic, that place is pure highs and mids.
rarely do I complain about my ears ringing when I leave a club, let alone bitch when inside, but that soundsystem in the back room is hurting.
I mean, its never been that good back there, but perhaps this is something the NEC crew should take into account for future events.

otherwise, big ups! I'm all about seeing a revival in the London club scene, and Chris muthafuckin' Anderson next week!?! makes me wish I wasn't playing out of town.