• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Has anyone trepanned?

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Trepanning is a surgical procedure that consists of drilling holes in your head. A friend of mine knows someone who said that it is good for you. Your brain is inside your head, but it can't breathe properly and let out toxins unless you drill holes in your skull.

Has anyone here done this? I want to do it, but there are some conflicting reports on its effectiveness.

Also, how many holes, and what size? Can I eat punch and pie right after the procedure?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I was once obsessed with this and did a bunch of reading on it.

It's pretty fucking interesting. Some pretty insane home-trepanning stories came up too.

It's still done in this day and age - not in a medical treatment sense though.

RJ45

TRIBE Member
The feeling of released pressure is amazing. Like taking a breath of fresh air every time you intergrate over the surface area of a sphere.

One hole, approx. 3-5mm in diameter is sufficient to allow for the full benefits of trepanation without exposing your brain matter to undue danger.

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
15d2s.jpg

DJAlchemy

TRIBE Promoter
Come to my place, my plastic surgeon can give you a great deal 6 holes for 400 buxs... thats like 66.66666666666666666666666 dollars a hole!

stryker

TRIBE Member
I watched this documentary in England about this lady who was documenting her whole Trepanning experience. She did it in front of a mirror and recorded the whole thing. It was really fuckin freaky.

Stew

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
Trepanning
Trephine, neurosurgery, trepan
By Dr. Michael Echols

Trepanning is the medical process of drilling or cutting a hole into the skull in order to relieve pressure on the brain tissue, lift a compression fracture of the skull, or remove a blood clot on the brain. If a person had a concussion with depression of the skull bone, that depressed area would need to be lifted or removed and then the clot under the concussion removed to alleviate trauma induced symptoms.

The process is documented to have been performed as far back as 4000 years ago by the Inca Indians of Peru. If you would like more information on this procedure and the history, please do a search for the words: trephine, Inca, neurosurgery, trepanning, trepan on google.com.

Trepanning (pronounced: tree-panning), as was frequently practiced in America during the 1800's, was performed with an instrument called a trephine (pronounced: tray-feene or tree-fine) which actually saw cuts a circular hole in the scull.

The scalp over the skull is first incised with a scalpel, a flap laid back, and the hole bored or saw cut by a twisting motion of the trephine. In some types of trephines, there is a center drill which holds and guides the outer cutting edge of the saw. There are two types of trephine saws, the earlier crown type and the later Galt type.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by dj Red Turtle
Didn't they used to do this to let out the demons in the insane?

Of course.

Now, I won't admit to being insane, but I think there are some demons in my head, and I think this might be a good way to get them out.

I am doing it, unless someone can find me a lot of recent, scientific, scholarly evidence that it doesn't work to get rid of stress, acne, brain toxins, and that it doesn't help my brain function better, and that it doesn't have the same effect as squeeging my third eye.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by mr tall The process is documented to have been performed as far back as 4000 years ago ...[/B]

SEE? MODERN MEDICINE HASN'T BEEN DOING THINGS FOR THIS LONG!!!!

A procedure that was done by ancient hominids MUST BE GOOD. Or else why would it have been done?

Yay! More wonderful evidence that it is a great and wonderful procedure!