• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Has anyone ever worked in a hotel?

Vcakes

TRIBE Member
Specifically the front desk.

If you make a reservation at a hotel and they have corporate discounts for your company, do they actually look you up? Or do you provide them a business card and that's that?

NuFroggie

TRIBE Member
I have worked in a hotel but I am not sure of that one. I would say, depending on the hotel, they would check. I would call and inquire about corporate discounts and stuff....jsut check out what they are about.

dot.communist

TRIBE Member
Sometimes it can depend on what you look like when you check in. If you look professional they probably won't even ask for your business card.

dress to impress

commie.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Vcakes
Specifically the front desk.

If you make a reservation at a hotel and they have corporate discounts for your company, do they actually look you up? Or do you provide them a business card and that's that?
I've worked front desk, and reservations. What do you mean look you up? If you say your company has a corporate rate we would look the company name up on the computer to find the exact rate your company pays. Not all "corporate" rates are the same. And when you ckecked in we would need to see something with company id, eg. your swipe card with picture on it.

*note, you would need to request the rate at time of reservation or if you were a walk in when you first register.

You couldn't tell us in the morning after the stay.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

HotSauce

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Has anyone ever worked in a hotel?

Originally posted by lucky1
I've worked front desk, and reservations. What do you mean look you up? If you say your company has a corporate rate we would look the company name up on the computer to find the exact rate your company pays. Not all "corporate" rates are the same. And when you ckecked in we would need to see something with company id, eg. your swipe card with picture on it.

*note, you would need to request the rate at time of reservation or if you were a walk in when you first register.

You couldn't tell us in the morning after the stay.
yep... what they said....