• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Has anyone ever had a lighter or pen from start to finish?

matty

TRIBE Member
I don't think I ever have. Lighters and pens are transient things that want to move around. That's why I don't see the point in expensive ones. The Mont Blanc I got as a gift just sits in my droor because I'm afraid I'll lose it; getting a pack of Bics would have been more useful.

I also can't hang on to a pair of socks from more than a month or two.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by m..m
I don't think I ever have. Lighters and pens are transient things that want to move around. That's why I don't see the point in expensive ones. The Mont Blanc I got as a gift just sits in my droor because I'm afraid I'll lose it; getting a pack of Bics would have been more useful.

I also can't hang on to a pair of socks from more than a month or two.
I just finished my first disposable lighter from beginning to end!:D

Kyfe

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
I had a disposable green lighter for almost 2 years... and I used it all the time.
It kept working for a couple of months after it looked like all the fluid was gone.
then one sad day....
that lighter was a fighter!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I met a girl once in St. John's who showed me this huge drawer in her kitchen that was totally filled with bic lighters.

She said she made a point of asking people for a light and if they had a disposable one she just stuck the lighter in her pocket after she lit her smoke. She said of all the thousands of lighters she nabbed this way not once did the owner notice her take it and none even asked for it back.

She said if they treat lighters like that they don't deserve to own them anyway. She said she was liberating them from careless owners.

It was really bizarre, and I thought it was a weird klepto-y behaviour, but she made up for it in other ways as I recall.... ;)

So if you were wondering where your disposable lighters go, they end up in St. Johns' Nfld.

G

Originally posted by alexd
I met a girl once in St. John's who showed me this huge drawer in her kitchen that was totally filled with bic lighters.

She said she made a point of asking people for a light and if they had a disposable one she just stuck the lighter in her pocket after she lit her smoke. She said of all the thousands of lighters she nabbed this way not once did the owner notice her take it and none even asked for it back.
A couple of times I've gone to clubs and done that.
I once got 7 lighters in one night.

GhEttO_SupErStAr

TRIBE Member
100 posts and it only took me 2 years!

I've noticed this strange phenomenon.

Another thing I lose often is sunglasses...I would never buy an expensive pair. $10 is more my style:cool:

;) SAM

vench

TRIBE Promoter
pens? I think so. lighters? when I smoked, I think so, but I can't be sure, probably, but many inebriated nights may have caused me to lose my memory.

vench

somasociety

TRIBE Member
Never ever buy a toronto maple leafs lighter - statistics have shown it disappears quicker than any other lighter. This may also apply to similar lighters in other NHL hockey towns, I couldn't say.

And... I completely agree with the topic of this post and have been suggesting its 'point' for awhile. I think pens and lighters have some kind of special status in which its 'naturally' OK for people to steal them, unlike as is the case for virtually every other item you ever possess. Car? No. Keys? No. Food? No. Clothing? No. Pens? Yes. Lighters? Hell yes.

Boo

TRIBE Member
I think the last year or so is the only time in my smoking career that i've actually had a lighter from start to finish.

I think the main reason is EVERYTIME I light a cigarette I put he lighter in my right pocket. Its absolute habit now. Even on my own I do it... my lighter is alway there. In the car, light, pocket. At home same thing.

So if someone asks for a light, I wait to put it in my pocket.

Before that it was horrendous. You may scoff at bic disposable lighteres. But they aint cheap now a days! Last cheap ass lighter I bought was $1.69, kinda pricey if you lose them all the time.

Only time I lose them now...which I still do, is at friends houses when I put them on my pack and someone uses them. I've resorted to putting my name in marker on them. "No thats my green lighter"

The worst is when you are in the car and you have a full pack and no lighter. My car lighter doesn't work...I flip out! I keep trying the car lighter.

And on a seperate note... I'm positive I have at least 5 pens in this room but I can't find ONE to write with when I need it. And can't see any right now.

me

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd

She said if they treat lighters like that they don't deserve to own them anyway. She said she was liberating them from careless owners.

It was really bizarre, and I thought it was a weird klepto-y behaviour, but she made up for it in other ways as I recall.... ;)

So if you were wondering where your disposable lighters go, they end up in St. Johns' Nfld.
Same sort of thing, this girl I work with holds about 30-40 lighters in her purse and if a lighter is put down for more than 10 seconds she'll "nab it" and deny she took it. Even though everyone knows she did. Kind of a running joke. Yet so weird.

Deus

TRIBE Member
Those new gel pens run out so fast. I have 3 lectures in 1 day, and by the end of the day about a centimeter is missing from the ink.