• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Harvey's steak sandwhich radio commercial....

Mrs. Pink

TRIBE Member
Am i the only one who feels absolutley sick to my stomach listening to some old man, who sounds like a smoker, speak with his mouth full while chomping away.....

doesn't make me wanna run out and eat one....

i know that much.

DJ Red Lion

TRIBE Member
I actually thought it was pretty funny.

Most commercials / movies / sports etc. use voices which sound like a deep ol' male smoker.

However ............. like most ads ........... if you hear them or watch them a number of times it can get pretty annoying.

This particular Harvey's Ad, I think I've heard only once.

Give me 3 more weeks.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Whenever I hear that voice, all I can think of is the guy from Mysterious Skin with all the sores on his body...

"Maaaake me happyyyyy..."

(and anyone who's seen that film will know exactly how horrible that is).

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
I haven't ate at harveys since that beauty of an advert

"visit the butcher shop...just to browse"

Are they trying to make people vegetarians?

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by green_souljah

Are they trying to make people vegetarians?
They make the only veggie burger I can stomach (I'm not a vegetarian), so you might be on to something there. Then again I'm almost positive that the veggie burger is so good because they don't clean their grills and I'm sure there's some meat juice up in there.

~Loress~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mrs. Pink
Am i the only one who feels absolutley sick to my stomach listening to some old man, who sounds like a smoker, speak with his mouth full while chomping away.....

doesn't make me wanna run out and eat one....

i know that much.
You are not alone! I cant stand this commercial either... awful marketing imo.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Speaking of annoying radio ads, I refuse to drink Grolsch beer because of their fucking annoying radio ads.

I wisch I could kick the loscher who came up with that ad in the nutsch.

Woody

TRIBE Member
the best radio ad ever was the Merryman's Funeral Home jingle on WKRP.....

"There ain't no way to deny it / One day, you're gonna 'buy it'!"....

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
"Call 1-800-2-6-7-2001......"

This jingle is the reason I had to quit listening to any form of Toronto AM radio over a year ago.

Is it still on?

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
i was just sayin to tracy the other day that the harveys ad makes me sick..the guy scarfin down a burger while talking.. and you hear his lips smacking.. ugh.. nasty man

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah
"Call 1-800-2-6-7-2001......"

This jingle is the reason I had to quit listening to any form of Toronto AM radio over a year ago.

Is it still on?
Yes.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Totally hate that commercial - I turn down the radio when it's on. I haven't liked the whole campaign - the supposedly western-cowboy sounding guy talkin' about "THE GRILL"... gimme a break. Just tell me how much it is and how grilled it is and that's all I want to know - and don't tell it to me with your mouthful, asshat, and don't try to blow my speakers with your basso voice, neither.