• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Harris denies everything at Dudly george inquiry

swilly

TRIBE Member
OPP was '100% wrong': Harris
Feb. 15, 2006. 11:54 AM
PETER EDWARDS AND HAROLD LEVY
STAFF REPORTERS

FOREST, Ont. Former Premier Mike Harris says a senior Ontario Provincial Police officer was 100 per cent wrong when he told a fellow officer that the government wanted police to kick ass when dealing with native protestors the day native activist Anthony (Dudley) George was killed in a massive police operation.

Harris told the public inquiry into Georges death today that the comment by then Insp. John Carson to then Insp. Ron Fox in a tape-recorded conversation early in the afternoon of Sept. 6, 1995 was a totally inaccurate reading of his governments position regarding a native occupation of Ipperwash Provincial Park.

I would say its 100 per cent wrong, Harris testified today under questioning from George family lawyer Murray Klippenstein.

I think its totally incorrect.

The public gallery was packed with more than 100 spectators mostly First Nations people as Harris began his second day on the witness stand before Mr. Justice Sidney Linden.

Klippenstein pressed Harris for his views on a conversation between Fox and Carson on the afternoon of Sept. 6, 1995, which Fox did not realize was tape-recorded.

Fox called Carson immediately after a meeting he attended with Harris, his senior aide Debbie Hutton, then solicitor-general Robert Runciman, then attorney-general Charles Harnick and then minister of natural resources Chris Hodgson in the Premiers private dining room, less than 11 hours before George was shot to death by an OPP sniper.

In the taped conversation, Fox vented that Harris was a real red-neck who was in love with guns and who couldnt give a s--t-less about Indians.

Carson replied in the taped conversation, They just want us to go kick ass.

Harris testified today that this was a totally incorrect reading of the stance of his government regarding a native occupation of Ipperwash Provincial Park on Lake Huron.

Natives occupied the park at the end of tourist season, saying it contained sacred burial grounds. Their views were later supported by documents released by the federal government.

Harris agreed with Klippenstein that it was a major problem, if police believed the government wanted them to kick ass regarding the protest.

If he communicated it to anybody and anybody believes it, thats a big concern, Harris said.

swilly

TRIBE Member
These cunts i dont get how they can just sit there and flat out lie to everyone. He must know that the police and other people have testified what he has said and still he denies it or just says " hmmmm i cant remember".

Honestly, that these cunts can get off by using the I cant remember statement is a farce.

sigh

oh well might as well get some AK47s and start another OKA.

Swilly

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
LOL!
this story is funny.

2 people heard him say it... what a douche.
As if he's going to remember that particular conversation 11 years later.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by The Tesseract

2 people heard him say it... what a douche.
As if he's going to remember that particular conversation 11 years later.

I also find it funny that anyone else remembers his exact words so many years after the fact.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

why not

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
I also find it funny that anyone else remembers his exact words so many years after the fact.
well, the fact that there's an audio tape of Carson and Fox talking about his words probably helped them remember.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
Umm, if someone said something that blatantly ignorant, and that person was either the Premier, or a higher-up authority, you better believe I would store it in my memory.
Just cuz you're a crackhead and can't remember which side is forward on your tighty whiteys, doesn't mean other people can't remember convos from 11 years ago.

:)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Deane is the third police officer involved in the massive police operation at Ipperwash to die in a traffic accident.

Sgt. Margaret Eve was hit by a transport truck on Highway 401 near Chatham in June 2000, while Insp. Dale Linton, the officer who activated Deane's unit that night, was killed in a single-vehicle accident near Smiths Falls in October 2000.

The OPP said that Deane was killed by a tractor-trailer at about 1:15 p.m. on Saturday.

Deane was driving a westbound Ford Explorer, and was attempting to steer around vehicles when he struck the back of a stopped tractor-trailer unit. A second tractor-trailer was unable to stop and struck his Explorer.

Deane was pronounced dead at the scene.
Seems like a case of El Duce to me (Kurt & Courtney reference)

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
So who here thinks this is a cover-up?

Because if the same thing happened in the US everyone would be shouting conspiracy!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

thom100

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
Seems like a case of El Duce to me (Kurt & Courtney reference)

I was about quote that part of the story as well.

wtf three of the officers all offed in car accidents?

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
i doubt it d.code. deane was dismissed from the OPP after losing his appeal a few years ago. where did you see flags at half-mast?

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
thom100 said:
wtf three of the officers all offed in car accidents?
I'm not sure about the circumstances surrounding the death of Inspector Dale Linton, but Sargeant Margaret Eve was killed in the line of duty during a traffic stop when a transport truck swerved off the highway. It's a dangerous job, and I imagine the same fate has befallen many other officers over the years.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders