• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Harpers this month...

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

(Yo kuba you should read the cover story on the impending collapse of the housing market...)

There is also an amazing article on pig farming and pork production. You will really know where your pork comes from... Too much information!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I like my bacon just as much (or even more) than the next person, but reading all the details about the mass production of pork made me a little squeamish - well at least until brunch this weekend!

Do you know that virtually 100% of the pork you buy originated by artificial insemination? And that a farmer somewhere had to do this by hand, that the porkers are kept in temperature contolled clean-rooms like at Apple's MAC assembly plant?

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
alexd said:
There is also an amazing article on pig farming and pork production. You will really know where your pork comes from... Too much information!
That piece was awesome! And totally unexpected too.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I love harpers

I don't spend enough time reading it.....but the subscription is so inexpensive for what you get, amazing.

kuba

TRIBE Member
I read it. 45% of new homeowners in the US bought their houses with zero down. In Canada? A lot different. David Foot analyzes that the San Diego market is over priced by 50%. His analysis concluded that in Canada, only Victoria is overpriced by 5%, and Toronto is actually undervalued by 17%.

I'm not too worried. Long-term, the article is spot on, but it does not apply to Canada's market to a degree. I mean, an impact there will certainly be felt here, but I don't think Canadians are facing a bankruptcy like the Americanos are.

kuba

TRIBE Member
although i'm pissed I paid 7. fucking .99 for the god damned magazine without realizing it- should've bought the subscription

zoo

TRIBE Member
Yeah the housing market in toronto is not even remotely close to being as absurdly ridiculous as some places in the US ..

Although I'm not sure if Toronto is -undervalued- ... it would be interesting to see how they arrived at that conclusion ...

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
In a macro sense what they are saying is that pretty much of US economic growth is based on a house of cards that is soon to collapse like some ponzi scheme.

Which will have an impact on us (collateral damage as the military like to say).

Boo

TRIBE Member
Mrs. Pink said:
bacon=jew poison
I highly doubt that an opnipotent being will decide the fate of my eternal soul based on the content of my diet.

Then again, being a supreme being, he could also have a supreme twisted sense of humour.

Boo

TRIBE Member
zoo said:
Yeah the housing market in toronto is not even remotely close to being as absurdly ridiculous as some places in the US ..

Although I'm not sure if Toronto is -undervalued- ... it would be interesting to see how they arrived at that conclusion ...
The housing boom here is peanuts compared to the boom in Uk, Australia and especially Ireland. Last time I lived there housing prices had trippled in the last 10 years and are still climbing by 10-15% a year.

Everyone was saying the bubble was going to burst as the prices were insane. Instead they went up by another $50,000 average and still rising. The 40 year mortgage was introduced years ago there. So I just don't see a huge collapse happen here when prices are much more affordable, and prices have only risen 1/4 what they have in say Ireland.

http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusinessnews/publish/article_10002284.shtml

South Africa has also seen a huge increase, but would be considered a developing nation, and still priced less than most nations.

Last edited:

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Boo said:
Then again, being a supreme being, he could also have a supreme twisted sense of humour.
Gah. I wish there was an equivalent to snpp.com but for South Park, because Father Mackie once had this amazing quote about how God has a twisted sense of humour and needs more complex irony than an ordinary man to entertain himself, and it was so awesome but I can't find it and can't even come close to properly paraphrasing it.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Yes! Found it.

It is sometimes hard, in times like these, to understand God's way. Why would he allow nine innocent people to be run down in the prime of their lives by a senior citizen who, perhaps, shouldn't be driving? It is then that we must understand, God's sense of humor is very different from our own. He does not laugh at the simple "man walks into a bar" joke. No, God needs complex irony and subtle farcical twists that seem macabre to you and me. All that we can hope for is that God got his good laugh and a tragedy such as this will never happen again.