• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Harmony Airlines

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
i took harmony airlines to vancouver in march and had a good experience. no delays, no lost luggage, friendly staff, good prices. the seating is a bit cramped but what can you do? it's not as bad as canada 3000. the food was terrible, but that's to be expected.

i would fly with them again.

Caz

TRIBE Member
janiecakes said:
i took harmony airlines to vancouver in march and had a good experience. no delays, no lost luggage, friendly staff, good prices. the seating is a bit cramped but what can you do? it's not as bad as canada 3000. the food was terrible, but that's to be expected.

i would fly with them again.
yep

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I flew one-way from Vancouver to Toronto with Harmony and had a great experience. I even thought the food was pretty good (we got a nice piece of salmon with rice and vegetables).

salad

TRIBE Member
The major thing against them is that they only have 1 or 2 flights per day, and most of the flight times are at non-prefered times.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
Two years ago when I went to Vancouver. Flight went out at something like 7:30 or 8:00, no delay, no hassle, no lost luggage, even my skateboard, my baby, arrived safe and sound. I was really nervous cuz it was my virgin flight and the staff was really helpful and patient with my idiotic questions. Food was tolerable. The plane I was on wasn't cramped at all, but I dunno if that has to do with being so close to the front of the plane or not.

If I didn't know I hate flying so much now, I'd fly with them again for sure.

salad

TRIBE Member
janiecakes said:
what's a non-preferred time? the flight i took to vancouver was at 8 am-ish.
I think if you take a look, they have one 8am flight and one 11pm flight. If you find 8am to be OK, then great. But if you miss that flight, or it is cancelled, or you are bumped, etc, then you are stuck waiting a full day for the next flight.

With Air Canada, you would most likely only need to wait an hour at the most.

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
salad said:
I think anybody looking at Harmony or a similar regional airline has probably already accepted the trade-off between flight availability and ticket price.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
I wouldn't choose to fly at any other time.
congrats...then youll often be able to fly on less crowded and more affordable flights...

again to use AC as an example, if you go look at their website, more often than not the cheapest fares are either early in the AM or late in the evening, with the cheapest one often arriving after midnight the next day...these times arent seen as being as convenient *by the average person*

if you prefer to fly earlier to avoid crowds etc. thats your prerogative, and its certainly an advantage for you...but for the average moron traveller who flies once a year, tries to bring 3 bags carry-on and has a screaming baby or two, they dont want to be busting their asses to the airport at 6am..

thom100

TRIBE Member
salad said:
I think if you take a look, they have one 8am flight and one 11pm flight. If you find 8am to be OK, then great. But if you miss that flight, or it is cancelled, or you are bumped, etc, then you are stuck waiting a full day for the next flight.

if your flight on Harmony gets cancelled or you get bumped for no fault of your own, they are required to put you on the next available flight to your destination regardless of airline ( eg. AC, westject, ect) just most people do not know to demand this service.

Jake- Harmony doesn't fly to China ( unless things have changed recently) , they are a domestic and Transboarder airline only. Even if you were to buy a ticket to china through Harmony you'd prob transfer in Hawaii to another airline. From what I understand they only fly 757 and even with the stop in HNL they really aren't a plane suited for that distance.

videotronic - peak hours in most airports/airlines are usually start at 8am ( except out west where they are earlier because of the time difference) you don't often find "big" discounts unless you're red-eyeing it or you're taking one of the very first flight in the morning at like 6am.

As for Harmony , I have never flown it but do know a few people working there and as for discount airlines , it seems to be doing things right.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
best carrier ever was Ward Air....man i loved flying with them

you got REAL china for your meals, and got stuff like filet mignon and such, it was all 1st class....too bad it is gone now:(

salad

TRIBE Member
thom100 said:
if your flight on Harmony gets cancelled or you get bumped for no fault of your own, they are required to put you on the next available flight to your destination regardless of airline ( eg. AC, westject, ect) just most people do not know to demand this service.
If they are required to do this, then why do you have to to demand it? ;)

Anyways, I have heard good reviews about the airline in general, so I am not knocking it other than for selection of flight times.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
thom100 said:
because it can cost the airline big bucks and they'd rather turn a blind eye.
Worth it for the airlines to have 1 out of every 10 people harassing you to be on the next flight then offering all 10.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

videotronic

TRIBE Member
peak hours in most airports/airlines are usually start at 8am ( except out west where they are earlier because of the time difference) you don't often find "big" discounts unless you're red-eyeing it or you're taking one of the very first flight in the morning at like 6am.
airlines will get busier at 8am yes, but for the purposes of the point i was making re:cost...

picking a random yyz-yul trip for this weekend shows a 630am flight at $119, a jump to $191 for 2 flights at 700 and 730, a jump to $210 at 8 and 9, $211 at 13:00, the most expensive fares of the day $262 at 14:00 and 16:00, a small dropoff to $221 for 2 flights til 18:00 an then back up to $262, at which point prices taper off again til the final flight at 23:45, which is $119...

again, this is a random example on a random day and sure its only a $140 difference between priciest fare and cheapest, but looking at it as a percentage of total fare, its a big $140...

kuba

TRIBE Member
thom100- i fucked up- toronto to van city via harmony, van city to shanghai via something else. thanks!

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
www.flysunwing.ca looks good to me, chekc it out, it is an alternative to westjet and AC, esp on those long flights

and hell 50.00 to go to halifax, is cheaper than the bus or train, even with the return fare, its still cheaper than a one way on either the train or bus,