• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

hardcore meltdown

Willar X

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ^NuERA^:
I;m glad you shared that with me earlier in the party. It truly made my night better. If it wasnt for you I dont think I owuld have seen the postive side of it.

Im glad there are people as postive as you around. As far I'm concerned more people need to think like you!
</font>

I'm sorry to say that it's not easy for anyone to look at the positive side of things
if you're getting fucked over left right and center. I'll leave the politics and bullshit away from this public messageboard, but if you are the one being affected by the appalling organisation and total disrespect on behalf of the party kids who steal shit....I can't see how u can look at things from a positive view.

There's alot more to the story then u know.
That's where the problem lies.
Never ever did I expect someone to disrespect the DJ booth area by stealing shit.
I don't expect that to happen anywhere.....

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
G

Kids shouldn't be doing drugs and partying especially if they are under 18. Where the hell are there parents, I was never allowed to stay out all night. It is just wrong these kids are starting out on the right track.

Moez

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Willar X:
I'm sorry to say that it's not easy for anyone to look at the positive side of things
if you're getting fucked over left right and center. I'll leave the politics and bullshit away from this public messageboard, but if you are the one being affected by the appalling organisation and total disrespect on behalf of the party kids who steal shit....I can't see how u can look at things from a positive view.

There's alot more to the story then u know.
That's where the problem lies.
Never ever did I expect someone to disrespect the DJ booth area by stealing shit.
I don't expect that to happen anywhere.....

</font>

it is extremely shitty that anything would get stolen period, let alone people stealing shit from behind the booth.

thanks Andrew, it was totally wikkid hanging out with you before we left.

Willar we don't know the politics that wentdown so we can't share your bitter feelings on that regard.
it's shitty you had such a bad experience.

Willar X

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Moez:
it is extremely shitty that anything would get stolen period, let alone people stealing shit from behind the booth.

thanks Andrew, it was totally wikkid hanging out with you before we left.

Willar we don't know the politics that wentdown so we can't share your bitter feelings on that regard.
it's shitty you had such a bad experience.
</font>

Ooops.. just in case I seemed bitter towards u guys I wasn't hehe... obviously what u don't know doesn't affect u
smile.gif

I just find that there should be alot more organisation on behalf of the promoters.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pest:
Kids shouldn't be doing drugs and partying especially if they are under 18. Where the hell are there parents, I was never allowed to stay out all night. It is just wrong these kids are starting out on the right track.</font>
i totally agree with you. my problem isnt with candy kids, or kids partying..whatever..i love HHC, i know the crowd it draws..what makes it disgusting and sketchy is the fact that there is 17 year old kids on the ground with their eyes rolled back into their head...
and Jay, how many times did we check that girl on the stage to see if she was dead or not? that's what i have a problem with.

Psyklone

TRIBE Promoter
*stolen from www.torontoraves.com*

Tenshi:

It was my pleasure and privilege to spin for you Toronto. The vibe was absolutely amazing and I thank you all so much! As always, I was fortunate to meet some really wonderful people. Massive thanx and respect to everyone who "gets" what this scene is all about and feels the love in their hearts. I truly appreciate all of your support and kind words both during and after my set. You all are why I love to spin and I hope my set gave you a chance to smile and have some fun for a while. If you got a lil bear, hope you liked it, I thought they were cute. Turtlebert my elephant says thank you too and he had fun.hehe..

Mad props to MC GOBSTOPPA, the best hardcore mc in the business and a perfect example of everything that is "right" in the scene. It was great to see mc Jumper, Guy, and dj Virus (should be spinning more cuz he rocks)...you guys are more of whats right about the scene.

Thank you all. I love you. Keep the feeling, keep the vibe, keep the love alive in your hearts!!

OK, now it is with great dissapointment that I have to add this next part because it was almost as if there were two separate parties going on with two separate vibes. Fighting, stealing, people not getting paid (including myself) and oh so many dj's who are completely full of themselves and think they are God's gift to this world, a perfect example of which can be found right here in a reply by Twitch, and also with a few other hhc dj's I had the unfortunate displeasure of meeting. It makes me so sad that you all choose the path that you do and choose to act the way you do. You are really letting down the kids who come to the parties and look up to you as dj's. No matter though, I have come to appreciate just how true it is that you get back what you put out and I guess we all have the choice of which path we take.

P.S. On a personal note to Twitch, whoever you are, I don't know how to get a hold of you other than here, so I will respond here since you choose to criticize me. I am glad you think it's cool for people to steal at parties and to steal from me. You are what's wrong with the scene and you are obviously a loser. You will most likely find limited success as a dj with the attitude you have. You will not understand what I am about to say because it is about doing something for others and not for yourself (myself), but here goes anyway. My set was designed with fun and production (other than the music) in mind, to make people happy and feel good and to give me a chance to get out from behind the mixer and interact and give back to the crowd for all they give to me, especially to the 30 or so kids that paid good money to come up from Pittsburgh to see me. It was a big deal for them. The set was also especially designed to showcase the amazing talent of mc Gobstoppa who has done so much for me and for the scene, with every track either remixed or edited by me. As such, I choose to use every tool at my disposal that allows me to get into the crowd, into the rest of the set production, mix under conditions such as were present with no volume control on the monitors( they may not have been working at all) and insure that I don't let down the very people I am working so hard for. You think thats lame? I sure don't. Pretty cool how stealing my stuff didn't make a bit of difference in my set though huh?..hahaha...Why do you think that is? Because it all comes from the heart my friend, it all comes right from the heart. I hope someday that you can find your way.

Psyklone

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
As some of you know.. tenshi .. who played at 1am in the main room.. played completely off of cd's.. and had a setlist sitting on the turntables the entire time... as mentioned.. it contained exact times to mix in and out (which you can of course determine before hand with cd's) exact pitches .. exact point in tracks to pitch up further... etc.. kinda lame for a primetime dj if u ask me.

heres the setlist
wink.gif

1000028312_128200295303PM0.4621851.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

Housey D

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MalGlo:
As some of you know.. tenshi .. who played at 1am in the main room.. played completely off of cd's.. and had a setlist sitting on the turntables the entire time... as mentioned.. it contained exact times to mix in and out (which you can of course determine before hand with cd's) exact pitches .. exact point in tracks to pitch up further... etc.. kinda lame for a primetime dj if u ask me.

heres the setlist
wink.gif

</font>

Who are you to say it's lame?
It seems the guy wanted to try something different with a bunch of remixes he did and burned them to CD-R. Because you didn't like it, you steal his set list?
That's pretty childish.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
hey i never said *I* stole it...

and basically just playing a cd all night *IS* lame for a headlining dj. I paid $40 at the door there to see some talent. if i'd wanted to see someone let a cd run for an hour without any real live interaction i'd have gone to a bar.

Dave

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
yes.. he did.. using a sheet which had the exact times to start mixing and the exact pitchs to have everything at..the sheet was sitting directly in front of him on the turntable the entire time.
so.. technically.. he went through the motions of combining cd's..

definately not reading the crowd and doing anything about it..

Cheers,
Dave

twitch

TRIBE Member
Housey D
Q. How would the world of djs be if Carl Cox or Dekoze or Claude Young or if every single dj used cheat sheets?

A. LAME!!

It takes away from the dj if he has to have every thing written out. Why would someone hire DJ Slipmatt if they knew he fine tuned his set before hand.. Wouldn't Tenshi be just as good.

twitch

TRIBE Member
Let's put it this way.. how cheesy would it be if an MC read all of his rhymes of of a sheet of paper. I mean half of the MCs out there do know all their rhymes before hand but it cheapens it if he reads it off. A good MC can freestyle out of the blue.

If Mr Tenshi wanted to, he could have put his cds in order that he wanted to play them.. that would be ok. Then he might have a little more time to interact with the crowd. But with what he did makes me wonder that he tried each mix ten times to get it right before coming to Toronto.

p.s. The set up was fine, I spun in the exact spot that he did, and I found nothing wrong with the sound

G

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djcyclone:

Tenshi:

It was my pleasure and privilege to spin for you Toronto. The vibe was absolutely amazing and I thank you all so much! As always, I was fortunate to meet some really wonderful people. Massive thanx and respect to everyone who "gets" what this scene is all about and feels the love in their hearts. I truly appreciate all of your support and kind words both during and after my set. You all are why I love to spin and I hope my set gave you a chance to smile and have some fun for a while. If you got a lil bear, hope you liked it, I thought they were cute. Turtlebert my elephant says thank you too and he had fun.hehe..

Mad props to MC GOBSTOPPA, the best hardcore mc in the business and a perfect example of everything that is "right" in the scene. It was great to see mc Jumper, Guy, and dj Virus (should be spinning more cuz he rocks)...you guys are more of whats right about the scene.

Thank you all. I love you. Keep the feeling, keep the vibe, keep the love alive in your hearts!!

OK, now it is with great dissapointment that I have to add this next part because it was almost as if there were two separate parties going on with two separate vibes. Fighting, stealing, people not getting paid (including myself) and oh so many dj's who are completely full of themselves and think they are God's gift to this world, a perfect example of which can be found right here in a reply by Twitch, and also with a few other hhc dj's I had the unfortunate displeasure of meeting. It makes me so sad that you all choose the path that you do and choose to act the way you do. You are really letting down the kids who come to the parties and look up to you as dj's. No matter though, I have come to appreciate just how true it is that you get back what you put out and I guess we all have the choice of which path we take.

P.S. On a personal note to Twitch, whoever you are, I don't know how to get a hold of you other than here, so I will respond here since you choose to criticize me. I am glad you think it's cool for people to steal at parties and to steal from me. You are what's wrong with the scene and you are obviously a loser. You will most likely find limited success as a dj with the attitude you have. You will not understand what I am about to say because it is about doing something for others and not for yourself (myself), but here goes anyway. My set was designed with fun and production (other than the music) in mind, to make people happy and feel good and to give me a chance to get out from behind the mixer and interact and give back to the crowd for all they give to me, especially to the 30 or so kids that paid good money to come up from Pittsburgh to see me. It was a big deal for them. The set was also especially designed to showcase the amazing talent of mc Gobstoppa who has done so much for me and for the scene, with every track either remixed or edited by me. As such, I choose to use every tool at my disposal that allows me to get into the crowd, into the rest of the set production, mix under conditions such as were present with no volume control on the monitors( they may not have been working at all) and insure that I don't let down the very people I am working so hard for. You think thats lame? I sure don't. Pretty cool how stealing my stuff didn't make a bit of difference in my set though huh?..hahaha...Why do you think that is? Because it all comes from the heart my friend, it all comes right from the heart. I hope someday that you can find your way.

Psyklone
</font>

is that for real??

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!!!!
biggrin.gif

oh man....

Brite

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Moez:
When we first arrived I was actually thinking how nice it was to see younger people at a party. Because it wasn't 19+ it was to be expected so why even whine about it people, what did you expect at a happy hardcore party? The youngest age I could have estimated was probably around 15 or 16 years old, and I thought it refreshing that there were so many people decked out in fun fir etc... because it had been a while since I had been to a party with the likes of that. and also there weren't people standing around bitching about others dancing and being too cool, it was good to see, IMO.

</font>

*applauds*

Exactly what I was going to say. You willingly go to a HHC all ages party and complain about the young people? come on. And Ok, the comforter was sketchy but I ended up talking to them briefly and they were really sweet kids. A lot of you at one point have been in a lot of those candy kids situation and don't take it away from them just because you grew up. I don't agree with them being on drugs but it's not your decision, if they are not bothering you, ignore them. Why does everyone's good time depend so much on other people?

I personally had a great time at this party. I thankfully missed the fighting. Chris (funshine) and I had been present when some of the DJs found out they were not getting paid and that was unfortunate. However I spoke to a friend of mine today that spun at the party and he said the promoters called him, apologized and he would be receiving some money. Represent Records throws amazing parties and I hope they are given a 2nd chance. Come on Big Bud did the same thing... actually worse and blamed it on other people. Now as for things getting stolen, that was ridiculous.. I can't even comment on that.

Tenshi's set was so much fun. Ok the CD thing was a bit dissapointing, but everyone enjoyed it and stealing his play list? IMMATURE... ok *you* didn't steal it. Posting it, just as bad. I was impressed with most of the sets of the night, especially Vinylgroovers, wow! And D minus never dissapoints... that boy has spun so many times for less money than promised, repect for Donny who knows what it's about.

THis party was a lot of fun. A little too sketchy for me, but I ignored it. The security was lacking but in contrast to the Palais I prefered it. Just my opinion but I hope to see another Represent Records party... everyone makes mistakes

G

jesus, that tenshi character is such a little baby. After reading that why do I get the feeling he went home and cried to his mother.

learn how to take a little critisism, ya little bitch.

If I ever heard some whine like he was in that post I'd bitch slap them right then and there.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
LOL...How easy it must be to find yourself the coolest people in the room at Hardcore parrty for teenagers.

No wonder people think Torontonians are snobs.

futronic

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SUNKIST:
Originally posted by Pest:
what makes it disgusting and sketchy is the fact that there is 17 year old kids on the ground with their eyes rolled back into their head...
and Jay, how many times did we check that girl on the stage to see if she was dead or not? that's what i have a problem with.
</font>

We must have checked every few minutes for close to an hour. She was right fucked. And when we tried to ask her a question, it was just incoherent babble coming out of her mouth.

-- Jay aka Fut