• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

hardcore meltdown

G

well that was a waste of my time.

After almost 8 years of going to raves that was the third worst party I've been to.

I'm never going to an all ages event agian. Fucking little kiddies everywhere. The average age of the people there must have been 11.

that was a disgrace.

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
hahaha!

that's funny, the reviews on torontoraves.com claim it was the best party in the history of raving... but they are all the 11 year olds you speak of... and that 'history' is probably 2 months

what's this about no searches at the door??
for a well publicized party, that's just plain irresponsible.

G

Other things that were wrong with that party:

everywhere I looked, little kids putting shit up their noses.

The entire time I was there I did not see one security guard inside the party. In fact I only saw one he was at the door.

they used the house system in sanctuary which is almost equivilant to what I have in my fucking bedroom. Oh and there was no lighting except for this bright as spot on the DJ.

I heard about fights, although I didn't see any

everyone seemed to be getting their shit stolen.

apperently none of the dj's got paid cause.

that was pure amature night.

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
Evan, you suck..i didn't know you were coming back.
k..sketch city...downstairs scared me, and everyone was high as kites. However, let me just say all this was totally worth seeing Vinylgroover. He spun the best happy hardcore set upstairs, sooo good (beans you woulda loved it) then an hour later he spun a hardhouse/hard trance set downstairs. Hoo AH! but other than that..i could only stay till about 4:30, the crowd was driving me nuts. There was these kids with a comforter! A COMFORTER!!!! how sketchy are you that you bring a fucking big ass blanket to a party? oh lord.
maybe the place wouldnt have been a flop house if security was actually there, or actually searched/patted you down when you got there...the whole thing was just a big, dirty mess.
nice to see a bunch of people though, thanks to Nic for taking me..i can die happy atleast that i saw Vinylgroover spin his last HHC set...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
"I'm with the DJ!!!!!"

i enjoyed myself.. but then again.. i kinda found ways to make my own fun.. usually by harassing my friends.. hehe sorry lori.. i know i ran circles around you a couple times

the night became all about 1 thing.. stealin the dude from pittsburg setlist
(which included times to mix in and out.. pitch adjustments.. EVERYTHING! -- he was playin off of cd's..)

anyways... i enjoyed myself.. didn' see any fights.. security was definately non-existant... and there was a high percentage of youngsters there..but come on you had to have expected that.

thanks for the fun

bourns to willar for the reduced mishap

Dave

Psyklone

TRIBE Promoter
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MalGlo:
[B
the night became all about 1 thing.. stealin the dude from pittsburg setlist
(which included times to mix in and out.. pitch adjustments.. EVERYTHING! -- he was playin off of cd's..)

[/B]</font>
I heard someone took a picture.Would you like to share? Please please.

Psyklone

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
haha took a picture..stole...you know..whatever

Dave-running circles huh? is that what they are calling it these days?

futronic

TRIBE Member
Yes, I have pictures from the night. That includes Mr. Playlist with the sheet of paper. Pretty amateur if you ask me.

-- Jay aka Fut

twitch

TRIBE Member
Well that was dissorganized...
I believe that's it for Reprezent Records.

I got there around 1:15, and was getting ready to leave as they said they might be shutting the party down early.. after a huge mix of stories.. they finally said they could stay open.

I still had fun thanx to the antics that occured throughout the night, some were misfortunate though like a $450 jacket that was stolen. It was great having my own little security resting by my record box and jacket, it did let me relax and not worry about it.
Tenshi's little sheet of paper with everey thing he needed to spin was soooo lame, he deserved to have it lifted.
Anna (Frisky's gf) and Pheobe were hillarious! They had challenges throughout the night that they had to take.. like giving a shiny bracelet to some junglists (haha).
I was getting ready to get on the decks, and told D-Minus in a rhaspy voice that I had lost my voice, he replied in a rhaspier voice.. "me too" (yeah I was yelling alot)
Dave as ussual.. you always crack me up. And Lori .. Rave ON!
just kidding, I really don't mind hhc but I dont think I can listen to too much of it at once anymore so sorry for deserting you most of the night.
Vinylgroover's oh so delectible gf.. WOW! She was movin' and groovin' to his trance set.. maybe the only attraction. People's heads were swerving side to side as she was shaking that ass in her slutty provocative way, to the point were she even bent right over for us all,.. haha. Where was Futronic when you needed him?

As for production.. Lightting sucked, I didin't mind the sound as much, except for the skipping needles during Marty and Willar's set.
Vynilgroovers hhc set was aight from what I heard, but his trance was .. supa cheese.
I had the best set of the night (LOL) .. what can I say.. I played some wicked tunes smoothly mixed.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
G

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by twitch:
Tenshi's little sheet of paper with everey thing he needed to spin was soooo lame, he deserved to have it lifted.
</font>
he should have been a little more low pro with it, the way twitch is with his "sheet"

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
hahaha yep i have the sheet in front of me right now
i'm gonna scan it in and post it.. it includes mix in and mix out.. exact times.. (he was mixing from cd).. exactly what the pitch should be at.. and in what tracks to pitch up a bit in the middle... even had a point to pause.. for crowd effect hahahaha

oh god

Dave

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ~dazed~:
he should have been a little more low pro with it, the way twitch is with his "sheet"</font>
no no he dosn't use a sheet anymore..he uses a midget to spin for him

didn't you know that chris sheppard was his hero?
.. that should tell you right there!

G

I should send the promoter a bill for the gas I used to get there.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kelli:
VG's girl was working it like a genuine stripper (but it's all good)
Great sets from VinylGroover!!
</font>
his GF was so nice..shes awesome. and hot.

MalGlo

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SUNKIST:
Originally posted by kelli:
VG's girl was working it like a genuine stripper (but it's all good)
Great sets from VinylGroover!!
</font>
his GF was so nice..shes awesome. and hot.

she was movin those hips man..thats for sure.. at one time i was standin up on the stage and was totally gawking at her...then i realized that everyone could see me just blatantly staring at her.. uhh not good
so i stopped.

besides.. every1 knows the real beauty there was lori

Dave

Moez

TRIBE Member
When we first arrived I was actually thinking how nice it was to see younger people at a party. Because it wasn't 19+ it was to be expected so why even whine about it people, what did you expect at a happy hardcore party? The youngest age I could have estimated was probably around 15 or 16 years old, and I thought it refreshing that there were so many people decked out in fun fir etc... because it had been a while since I had been to a party with the likes of that. and also there weren't people standing around bitching about others dancing and being too cool, it was good to see, IMO.

nonetheless it became extremely sketchy when two fist fights broke out. One guy was getting kicked out as we were trying to leave and then two others started going at it on the second floor. The disapointing thing was it was older people. Nice. Grow up.

I suppose had I been around later to see people bringing out comforters my story may have changed but it wasn't as bad as I have seen. The promoters were nice and the venue was nice and big.

it's too bad it seems that the party turned out bad later on in the evening.

SUNKIST

TRIBE Member
besides.. every1 knows the real beauty there was lori

Dave
</font>
is this in justification for the harassment?

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
After reading the reviews I'm kinda glad I got out when I did.
Got there early, there was already a decent crowd inside. Played my set... had a few problems with tables skipping... I'd so much as tap my foot and it would go off. Oh well...

On our way out... run into one guy getting kicked out for fighting, see another fight go down while trying to find the promoter. Oooooohhhh... sketchy people. And like Johane said, it was older people fighting, not the young kids. Maybe I've come to expect too much? Who knows... nothing the promoters could really pevent anyway. A little more security could have prevented the second one from blowing up.

After that, got the hell out of Dodge and off to London. Not n inherantly "bad" experience, but the fighting really put me off.

Pete

G

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic:
After reading the reviews I'm kinda glad I got out when I did.
Got there early, there was already a decent crowd inside. Played my set... had a few problems with tables skipping... I'd so much as tap my foot and it would go off. Oh well...
</font>

were you playing downstairs?
tables kept skipping down there.

Willar X

TRIBE Member
That son of a bitch who stole my white Dubwear Jacket...
if I see ur sorry ass.. you're one dead muthafucka.

*pardon my french*

^NuERA^

TRIBE Member
security was definately non-existant... </font>
sarah saw a security guard in the party.

she went to go pee, there was a male security guard in the girls bathroom, along with some other guys that were rolling a joint.

^NuERA^

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Moez:
When we first arrived I was actually thinking how nice it was to see younger people at a party. Because it wasn't 19+ it was to be expected so why even whine about it people, what did you expect at a happy hardcore party? The youngest age I could have estimated was probably around 15 or 16 years old, and I thought it refreshing that there were so many people decked out in fun fir etc... because it had been a while since I had been to a party with the likes of that. and also there weren't people standing around bitching about others dancing and being too cool, it was good to see, IMO.

</font>
I;m glad you shared that with me earlier in the party. It truly made my night better. If it wasnt for you I dont think I owuld have seen the postive side of it.

Im glad there are people as postive as you around. As far I'm concerned more people need to think like you!

Mr. NiCe GuY

TRIBE Member
geez so critical. how old is everyone here, early-mid twenties is the average? you went to a HARDCORE party full of happy hardcore that's all ages? of course yer gonna find 14-16 year olds there? you go and complain that you saw them? that's like complaining that you saw native ppl at a bingo hall..LIKE COME ON!!!!!!!!!

party itself reminded me of an older vibe...a bunch of us were actually running around yelling happy hullabaloo sarcasticlly. so much candy, so much happy hardcore, oi! I had a pretty good time, compared to most parties in the city lately it wasn't too bad.