• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Happy Women's Day

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
It's not too recognized here in North America, but today is International Women's Day. As a woman, be proud of your accomplishments, your beauty, your life experiences and enjoy this day. It's not about presents, flowers and gift certificates, it's about you as a person, as a beautiful flower that you are, it's time for celebrating your soul - YOU.

Happy Women's Day to all beautiful Tribe women, thank you for being you.
 

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
It's not too recognized here in North America, but today is International Women's Day. As a woman, be proud of your accomplishments, your beauty, your life experiences and enjoy this day. It's not about presents, flowers and gift certificates, it's about you as a person, as a beautiful flower that you are, it's time for celebrating your soul - YOU.

Happy Women's Day to all beautiful Tribe women, thank you for being you.
thanks lady! you're right it's important to stand up and be proud of our accomplishments! i'm just realizing my own strength while going through a very hard time right now and am damn proud of it!

Happy Women's Day Tribe Ladies!
 

SweatyNuts

TRIBE Member
it's also my bday. so logically...

since jesus was god's gift to the world on christmas day,
because i was born on int'l women's day, i must be god's gift to women.

you lucky, lucky ladies.
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Coincidentally (or not?), stats can released the results of its most recent survey yesterday that showed women are still making 70% of a man's salary.

Avg salary male = 38K
Avg salary female = 26K

However, the number of women receiving post secondary education now is equal, even greater than male in some fields.

Happy international womens day ladies - hope you can afford to celebrate.
 

Fidelity

TRIBE Member
(from ctv.ca)

"The number of women with post-secondary educations is also on the rise -- climbing to 15 per cent in 2001 from three per cent in 1971. "

:cool:
 

rhyss

TRIBE Member
so does this mean that none of my male contractors are allowed to give me grief today?? I will point this out to them.
 

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
rhyss said:
so does this mean that none of my male contractors are allowed to give me grief today?? I will point this out to them.
They can, but only 70% of what they give their male counterparts.

PS- happy women's day :)
 

mingster

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
It's not about presents, flowers and gift certificates, it's about you as a person, as a beautiful flower that you are, it's time for celebrating your soul - YOU.

Happy Women's Day to all beautiful Tribe women, thank you for being you.
i'm sorry, buuut barf?
 

tobywan

TRIBE Member
As a part of Int'l Women's Day, I was doin' a promo @ Union Station for my work, dishin' out roses and calling into the morning show...several times I was offered a lil' bit of love in return, BUT I must act professional at all times...;)

Happy International Women's Day to all the fine ass (and not so fine ass) women out there!
 

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
Beer babe said:
thanks lady! you're right it's important to stand up and be proud of our accomplishments! i'm just realizing my own strength while going through a very hard time right now and am damn proud of it!

Happy Women's Day Tribe Ladies!
WERD! Going through our own challenges only makes us stronger and builds our character. I'm very proud of being an independent woman and I'm very lucky to have what I've earned over the years.
 

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
Coincidentally (or not?), stats can released the results of its most recent survey yesterday that showed women are still making 70% of a man's salary.

Avg salary male = 38K
Avg salary female = 26K

However, the number of women receiving post secondary education now is equal, even greater than male in some fields.

Happy international womens day ladies - hope you can afford to celebrate.

those numbers seem really low but made me feel a little better about my accomplishments.
 

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Fidelity said:
(from ctv.ca)

"The number of women with post-secondary educations is also on the rise -- climbing to 15 per cent in 2001 from three per cent in 1971. "

:cool:
But the current enrollment is close to equal.
 

Snuffalupagus

TRIBE Member
Well according to the radio March 14th is Steak and Sex day for men. So enjoy your 24 hours of celebration bitches.
Cuz march 14th you'll be back to BBQ'ing the steak and smoking the salami.
 
Top