• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Happy Solstice everyone!

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Solstice isn't until tomorrow Watcher! 12:30AM Thursday!

Happy Solstice everyone anyhow!

I love fucking pagans.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
They lit this massive hand sculpture on fire in Alexandra Park tonight. Now I can say I have been to Burning Hand.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Big Chinese holiday today. Winter solstice means eating in-season food, possibly vegetarian and going home. Today is one of the biggest migration days for people in Asia. You HAVE to go home. That's the tradition.

So all of you should at least call home. Oh, and eat lots of round things as the circle and sphere are symbols of life, cycles and growth.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Winter came without any fanfare this year.

Normally I notice the days getting shorter and it matters.. This year not so much.

That the days are getting longer and I have yet to shovel anything is uplifting. That and SSRIs.

-jM
A&D

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
Happy Solstice everyone!

I'm going to that parade tonight too! Hopefully I can make it home, sounds like they're calling for icemagaddon!

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
thankfully.. I'm sick of waking up in the dark and leaving work in the dark... and sitting in an inside cubicle all day with no window.. man I'm surprised I'm not more S. A. D
I'm surprised you haven't just offed yourself.

-jM
A&D

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I really wanted to go to the Solstice celebration at Kensington tonight, but I think the storm has other plans for my evening :(

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
I got about 20kms down the highway and decided it wasn't worth risking our lives over so I turned around and came home! Maybe next year...

Its already very icy out this way and they're calling for another 20-30mm of freezing rain! I'll drive through pretty much anything except ice!

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
I've always wanted to go but my mom's birthday falls on the Solstice so I've never been able to.
But she's in BC this year, so it could actually happen.
Fucking weather. I'm debating.
what time does it start?

mudbunny

TRIBE Member
We drove down from Bolton and back

Picked up some growlers and local whiskey at Junction Craft Brewery, saw the Hobbit2 and had a meal at Guu

On the way back on the DVP and 401 there were large areas where power was blacked out

Made it home ok but this morning we found a large tree branch crashed in our backyard

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
Yeah well my power has been on and off at least three times this morning so I'm not feeling the love. At least I'm feeling the heat though now that the power is on.

Are we allowed to bitch at the power company and get a refund? Cause basically I don't feel like paying for today's power, which could and has gone out and could do again. I think I deserve a 1/30 discount.

-jM
A&D