1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Happy God of War Day

Discussion in 'Technology' started by xtc, Mar 16, 2010.

1. xtc

xtc TRIBE Member

All Hail Kratos

Happy God of War day to everyone!

2. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

I'll get it used. Too busy with ffxiii.

3. agentRC4

agentRC4 TRIBE Member

Just picked it up.

I'll be button mashing tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Got my copy already, but need to finish GOWII before I move on. Also into FFXiii at the moment, so I'll have to wait a little while. I'm going to boot this game up when I get my new gaming headset in the mail, so I can have this game in surround sound.

5. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

I'm with God.

I'll get it, just not in a rush yet.

6. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

So I preordered @ EB Games, but didn't get a voucher for the Chaos skin.

Never preordered before, so am I fucked or is there some generic code to get it?

7. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I got mine when I made my pre order. I always ask when I make pre order if I could have my voucher before the store starts giving them out to friends. No there is no code for you to get that armor you need the voucher.

8. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Yeah, and most EBs will just give you a code even if you didn't pre-order.

Just go back and show your receipt and they'll hook you up.

9. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

10. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

+1

+2

I'm also a cheapskate so will probably wait until it make Greatest Hits status before investing.

11. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Just put in a couple of hours of GOWII, and I'm at The Phoenix Chamber... GOW games get relentless!!! I can't wait till I get to play GOWII I knew I should of been getting back into the game before GOWIII came out... I blame FFXIII!!!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  12. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

I'm stuck at the final battle in GOW where you fight your doppelgangers.

Since I didn't check the trophies list I'm playing on Hard and these guys are killers!

I wonder if I can adjust the difficulty because seriously, it's the last part before I kill Ares and beat the game!

13. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

The first boss battle with the water horse thing is nuts!!!

14. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

So I got to put some time in to GOWIII over the weekend. Never has a video game 'wowed' me like this game has repeatedly. Seriously amazing graphics and gameplay. Oh how I've missed Kratos!!

15. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

Played it a bit this weekend - just a bit past "The Caverns" before you start the chase with Hermes.

Solid game so far and enjoying it. It is very much "more of the same, just even more over the top, better graphics and more violent" but not sure what else I'd want from a GOW game.

Button SMASH!

16. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I'm on the last boss battle and the last boss is kicking my ass lol. Can't wait to play through it again to try out all the things I found with my first run through.

17. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

FFXIII has claimed its first PS3 of a user that i know personally.

to everyone that has it and is still playing, the game if it fucks the Blueray player will cost you 160$ on a PS3 not covered under warranty.

Sony thinks it may have been a bad batch of DISCS that this is happening with.

but if you dont want to potentially fuck your Blueray Player, and be without your console for a month, you might want to stop playing till they know what the actual issue is.

[jai]

18. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Best battle ending so far had to be Hercules... Kratos goes ape shit on him at the end lol. Zues battle is one tough bitch to get through and it goes through multiple phases just when you think you beat the Zues battle it pulls you back in lol.

19. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator TRIBE Member

Don't forget the Hades battle. That was sick! Cutting off chunks of his flesh that would return to him unless destroyed, and the tug-o-war with the chains. So awesome.

20. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

All the god battles are amazing, and yes the Hades battle is another that is fun to do, but there's something about beating up Hercules that made that battle a lot of fun. When I was a kid I would watch the Hercules cartoons all the time, and now I'm kicking his ass in a video game.

21. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

Well, I need someone's help.

Had some people over for UFC on Versus Sunday night, 3 or 4 of whom I didn't know and now I'm missing GOW3.

If someone wouldn't mind selling me their copy once they tire of it, it would be appreciated.

22. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

wow, that totally bites.

23. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Man I would get in touch with the people that brought them to your place, and ask them to get your shit back. I wouldn't let those people back in my house if they brought thefts to my home, and didn't at least make the effort to get your game back.

24. tripleup

tripleup TRIBE Member

I'm been very proactive about it, but the people I wasn't familiar with are from a few hrs away, so I'm screwed.

However the mutual friends that brought them have offered to throw me some cash, but they recently had some financial trouble so I'm not going to take it.

Or in the least find the game used for $40 or so.

25. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

There is something about the controls for jumping that bugs me now and then: If you need to use your Icarus wings, it seems like you need to have them open before you are no longer over the ground, or its like you hit an invisible wall and fall to your death.

ie: Instead of being a fluid run, jump, double jump and hold X while going over the gap (which is what I keep trying to do - but fall), its more run, jump, double jump and hold X then glide over the gap.

Something about it just feels 'off' and not as fluid as it should be. Minor complaint, but this hitch made me die about 10 times in a row during the Hermes chase.