• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Happy Bunny Sunday

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
my dad always used to joke: "Easter is a great holiday for people with Alzheimer's coz they can hide their own eggs." :D

Happy Easter everybody! :)

Skipper

TRIBE Member
We just finished an easter egg hunt, now my little brother is whacked on sugar and I'm ready to go back to bed despite 8.5 glorious hours of sleep last night.
This afternoon we're going to see Ice Age and then an early easter dinner @ home with my grandparents, step grandmother, mum, stepdad and brother.
"Billable hours" premieres tonight - looking forward to that.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
My mom is on her way here from Stratford. We are going to make breakfast together then head over to Reckless Girl's house to make dinner with her and her family. Church at 1.

Happy Easter!

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
1094940385.jpg

I think all the bunny represents is spring time.

Happy Bunny Day!!

I have to get my ass in gear and get my sweet potato cheese pie in the oven asap and hop in the shower. We are having a huge brunch with all the Hungarian relatives at 11.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
hmmm... not quite:
http://www.holidays.net/easter/bunny1.htm

hehe, I know nothing about bunnies and stuff, until I came here... and even now, it amazes me that some people don't even know what Easter is all about.

Meh, I can't wait for our celebrations next week. :)
I prefer getting drunk (REQUIREMENT) than some stupid chocolate eggs. ;)

Last edited:

kmac

TRIBE Member
I am going to stuff my face with all of the chocolate I brought home, catch up on news I missed, catch up on Sopranos and Huff, do some laundry, and then eventually write my resignation letter and try not to barf.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
mornin'.

Just woke up...sort of...was up for a bit two hours ago, but decided I needed more sleep, lol.

This day could take me in any direction really...

monologue.gif

Poot

TRIBE Member
Just woke up... I wanted to get out for a long walk, but don't think there's time, since we have to be on the road in a couple of hours.

Off to Burlington, then London.

And oh! It looks like the Easter Bunny has been here - chocolate for breakfast! YAY!

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
mmmm i could go for some blueberry pancakes

my fam had easter dinner lastnight so I have the whole day to do whatever...I think some yoga and a bike ride might be in order and maybe a turkey sandwich in there somewhere

HC_P

TRIBE Member
I'm up!

Probably heading out for a long-ish run this morning along the Beltline. Then hopefully getting my bike back into working order at some point this afternoon. Throw in some laundry and grocery shopping and there's the day.

A.

HC_P

TRIBE Member
^^

Hmmm... if that's the case, today is going to be an interesting day. I guess one full of take out :)

A.

peko

TRIBE Member
happy easter people!

soulbrother 10 said:
^ Good question. What are we really celebrating at Easter?

Easter Symbols, Icons,
Legend, Lore and Customs

http://pressroom.hallmark.com/easter_symbols.html

Many traditions of Easter, a religious holiday, have their origins in pagan rituals and beliefs. The result is lots of legends and lore behind the popular icons, symbols and customs that are part of the Easter celebration.

Hallmark historian and archivist Sharman Robertson explains the meaning of the word "Easter" and highlights the origin of Easter customs.

The Word "Easter"
Centuries before Christ, the pagan tribes of Europe worshipped a beautiful goddess of spring named Eostre (EE-ah-tra). Festivals celebrating the end of winter and the birth of spring were held in her honor at the end of March, the time of the vernal equinox. Some historians believe the word Easter is a variation of her name.

• Others see a connection between Easter and the rising of the sun in the east.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Easter Eggs [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
painteggs.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• The egg has been called nature's most perfect container. It also is the world's most popular secular symbol for Easter, and the most popular symbol on Hallmark Easter cards.
• In all cultures, the egg symbolizes the beginning of life or the universe. A Latin proverb says, "All life comes from an egg." Eggs were dyed and eaten during spring festivals in ancient Egypt, Persia, Greece and Rome and colored eggs were given as gifts to celebrate the coming of spring. These cultures regarded the egg as an emblem of the universe, the work of the supreme divinity, the germination of life.
• Christians of the Near East adopted this tradition and the egg became a religious symbol – it represented the tomb from which Jesus broke forth. The various customs associated with Easter eggs were not recorded in Western Europe until the 15th century. Speculation is that missionaries or knights of the Crusades were responsible for bringing the tradition of coloring eggs westward. In medieval times, eggs often were colored red to symbolize the blood of Christ.
• More than 1 billion Easter eggs are hunted in the United States each year in parks, back yards, and on the White House lawn.
• Chocolate or candy eggs emerged in the late 1800s.
• Plastic Easter eggs made their debut in the early 1960s. More than 100 million plastic eggs are purchased for Easter.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
EasterBunny.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Easter Bunny [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• The Easter bunny has its origins in pre-Christian fertility lore. Hares and rabbits served as symbols of abundant new life in the spring season. It really is a hare – not a rabbit – that symbolizes Easter.
• From antiquity hares have been a symbol for the moon, and the first full moon after the vernal equinox determines the date for Easter.
• Hares are born with their eyes open, while rabbits are born blind. The hare was thought never to blink or close its eyes, and it is a nocturnal creature, like the moon. The hare also carries its young a month before giving birth – like the changing moon erupting into fullness monthly.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• According to one legend, the Easter bunny was originally a large, handsome bird belonging to the goddess Eostre. One day she magically changed her pet bird into a hare. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Because the Easter bunny is still a bird at heart, he continues to build a straw nest and fill it with eggs.
[/FONT]
EasterLilyLegend.jpg
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Easter Lily
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The lily is a symbol of purity because of its whiteness and delicacy of form. It also symbolizes innocence and the radiance of the Lord's risen life. It is called the Easter lily because the flowers bloom in early spring, around Easter time.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Bermuda, or white trumpet, lily was brought to the United States from Bermuda in the 1880s by Mrs. Thomas P. Sargent of Philadelphia, Pa., and it has become the mainstay of Easter floral arrangements and church decorations.

Hot Cross Buns
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One of the oldest Good Friday customs is eating hot cross buns. These small sweet buns, marked with a cross of white icing, may have originated in pre-Christian times. Early Egyptians, Greeks and Romans marked their loaves of bread with symbols to honor their gods and goddesses.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many superstitions grew out of this custom – a cross bun kept from one Good Friday to the next was thought to bring luck, the buns were supposed to serve as a charm against shipwreck, and hanging a bun over the chimneypiece ensured that all bread baked there would be perfect.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Another belief was that eating hot cross buns on Good Friday served to protect the home from fire.

Easter Parade and Wearing New Clothes
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the early church, those who were baptized at the Easter Vigil dressed in white robes and wore the robes during Easter week as a symbol of their new life in Christ.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]People who had been baptized in previous years wore new clothes to indicate their sharing in the new life. New clothes at Easter became a symbol of Easter grace.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In Europe during the Middle Ages, people in their new clothes would take a long walk after mass, which has evolved into the tradition of Easter Parades.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An American belief is that good luck can be ensured for the year by wea[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ring three new things on Easter Sunday.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]