• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Happy Birthday Tintin!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Still sweating at 75!

long.tintin1.afp.jpg

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

d.code

TRIBE Member
Im easily the biggest Tintin fan...
When I was little my mom would take me to the library and we would order the tintin books they didnt have- and eventually I got them all!!

My mom gave me a complete tintin guide written by a close friend of his. Herge was amazing.

Did you know that there is a 1/2 completed Tintin adventure called Tintin and Alph-Art (english translation is Tintin and Alpha-Art). You can buy it in the state it is in... 1/2 completed- Herge's pencils are simply breathtaking... The volume also comes with the script for the story that is also only half done.

Also all those colour version you have are all the 2nd (if not 3rd, 4th or 5th redrawing of the story) versions of the story. Each story started off black and white- with a few pages appearing in a magazine. You can get those too.. often the stories would sometimes be upwards of 100 pages but the format was changed to 62 for the colour versions.

Tintins story is quite amazing- and so is Herge's life.

coleridge

TRIBE Member
Thought I'd dig this thread up:

Spielberg, Jackson team up for Tintin trilogy

Hollywood heavyweights Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are set to tackle a new film trilogy about beloved comic strip journalist and adventurer Tintin.

found that on the cbc arts webpage.

as a big Tintin/Herge fan myself I'm excited about this...

Ms. Fit

TRIBE Member
pffft. tintin is western european propaganda: always fighting against the evil arabs and schooling the ignorant natives.

however, i do love milo.

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Can't help but wonder how they're going to translate (and by translate, I mean "Americanize") said Western European propaganda.

Ms. Fit

TRIBE Member
Silvershadow said:
Can't help but wonder how they're going to translate (and by translate, I mean "Americanize") said Western European propaganda.

well they don't always bother to do it now (in full-length feature films), so...it shouldn't be a problem.