• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

hanging things from a plaster ceiling?

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
if a ceiling is made of plaster, and i want to hang some things (>10lbs, suspended with fishing line) from it with as little damage to the ceiling as possible, what is a good way to do that? i want to avoid drilling and putting those plastic anchors in.

is there some kind of really strong removeable adhesive that i could use? some kind of glue or something that i could remove with a solvent or something when i am done and take the stuff down?

bueller?

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
no tape is going to hold 10 pounds for very long.

drill and pop in the plugs...it's really easy, and your shit won't smash down on your head when you're least expecting it.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
queen naeema said:
if a ceiling is made of plaster, and i want to hang some things (>10lbs, suspended with fishing line) from it with as little damage to the ceiling as possible, what is a good way to do that? i want to avoid drilling and putting those plastic anchors in.

is there some kind of really strong removeable adhesive that i could use? some kind of glue or something that i could remove with a solvent or something when i am done and take the stuff down?

bueller?
Like Lucky said no way around it. Plus the holes in the ceiling are VERY easy to fix when you decide to take it down.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
I have my doubts that a plaster ceiling will hold 10lbs even with the plastic plugs... you may have to get a buttefly anchor...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Fillmore said:
Like Lucky said no way around it. Plus the holes in the ceiling are VERY easy to fix when you decide to take it down.

Yeppers, especially if its a plaster ceiling. Super easy to fix.
If you dont use plugs, it will fall. Butterfly...
I speak from experience :)

lucky1

TRIBE Member
if its a building you can't put a butterfly becasue there is cement above it... there are special anchors for this.... ( I put up hooks on mine for plants.. it was a big pain in the butt!)

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
if its a building you can't put a butterfly becasue there is cement above it... there are special anchors for this.... ( I put up hooks on mine for plants.. it was a big pain in the butt!)
well plugs wouldn't work either then... plaster ceilings are useless... spend the fucking money on some drywall you cheap ass motherfucking homebuilders...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
Fillmore said:
so basically i would just have to fill the holes with that plaster stuff, dry, sand, and repaint over it right?

damn i really dont want to have to drill because this is a onetime (or twotime) thing but i guess i have no choice!

thanks for your input guys!!!!

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:

yah it is a building, what are these special anchors you speak of?

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
queen naeema said:
yah it is a building, what are these special anchors you speak of?
what she said doesn't apply to all buildings... most buildings have ceiling space to run ducts, waterpipes, electrical for light fixtures etc... its actually rare to have the ceiling tight to the underside of the slab... it really doesn't make sense... they would just leave exposed concrete and not waste money on labour and material putting in a ceiling... do a test hole somewhere where the hole wouldn't be easily seen.... if you hit hit concrete within the first 1" then you are gonna need a concrete anchor... the folks at home depot will tell you exactly what to buy if you can tell them the material in your ceiling...