• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hamilton ISPs

Persephone

TRIBE Member
Well, I'm moving back to the Hammer in January...and I need high speed internet access for my school work?

What is available in Hamilton besides Cogeco and Bell High Speed?

I won't be activating a landline because I already have a cell phone...and I've signed into a 2 year contract...can't afford a cell and a landline. I guess this means that I can't use DSL internet at all...Bell has a fucking monopoly on the phone lines and they won't allow DSL to go through the line without a landline! :mad:

I HATE BELL

mind control

TRIBE Member
I guess this means that I can't use DSL internet at all...Bell has a fucking monopoly on the phone lines and they won't allow DSL to go through the line without a landline!
There needs to be a signal on the line in the first place in order to place a dsl signal on said line . It is not Bell, it is the design of dsl technology ...

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Balzz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mind control
There needs to be a signal on the line in the first place in order to place a dsl signal on said line . It is not Bell, it is the design of dsl technology ...
No, no there doesn't. It has to be cross-connected to a DSLAM, but dialtone is not required.

mind control

TRIBE Member
No ? Then i've been misinformed . I've been under the impression there needs to be a dialtone in the first place . Thanks for clearing that up :D