• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Halloween Theory Jam

Missuse

TRIBE Member
Well I'm usually pretty aprehensive about Theory parties especially when I've some how been talked into doning a "slutty nun" costume but a few of my friends were raving about Penduleum a dj from Australia (i think) and needless to say he was nothing short of awsome. Really solid set full of great jump up jungle...proper!!! Not too techy it was a great range of tracks ...he was really enjoying himself and the crowd was going bananas!! Really glad I checked this out.....quite a few peeps dressed up as well.....a great night overall

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
Toronto, Toronto, Toronto. Where were the people? Low turnout for a Halloween event. A bit disappointing but not due to any of the companies involved. Production values were high(maybe a few more decorations were in order) as usual and the sound in both rooms was crisp. Lax attendance and Marky and XRS not making it force me to say it was below average. The vibes were a bit better than the past couple Theory events at least.

Inspires

TRIBE Member
I dont know about Theory but there sure was a Jam at my place from 6am till 2pm, Fuck me I thought everybody that was at the party came to my place. But please could the MC's shut the fuck up for at least a minute? It's one thing to have three or four DJ's but ten to twelve MC's, My home aint 8mile.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

slink242

whatever...

Originally posted by Inspires
I dont know about Theory but there sure was a Jam at my place from 6am till 2pm, Fuck me I thought everybody that was at the party came to my place. But please could the MC's shut the fuck up for at least a minute? It's one thing to have three or four DJ's but ten to twelve MC's, My home

Right... major headliners don't show up for a key event and u expect some quiet MC's ? Buah ha ha ha... my ribs...

The true players of the evening did flow with longer sets and a stronger sound, securing a good party. Jd kicked it hard for the majority of the night. Scissorkicks and D-Monic SLAMMED THE ORANGE-ROOM and were well backed by all the other djs. The MC's in Kool Haus did quiet down when they should have kept on knocking, for I know I wanted to hear more madness.

Kinda pissed about the early "light on" thing and quick clear out for what could potentially have been a too awesome party.

So not bad overall... Good job boys!...
and Dave; that was the coolest record bag I have ever seen.

Inspired costumes were lacking. I mean, come on ladies,... putting on some cute little wings and slutty hosery doesn't make for a creative effort. And boys; I understand that I'm a jungalist, but I don't really have to wear full army gear to make this apparent.

I'm Jack, the pumking king from "A Nightmare Before Christmas", and my girl is Sally, my true counter part and tick to my heart. We danced the floor like our legs were on fire, smiling the entire time.
The way it should be.

respect,
s

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
Re: whatever...

Originally posted by slink242
Originally posted by Inspires

Inspired costumes were lacking. I mean, come on ladies,... putting on some cute little wings and slutty hosery doesn't make for a creative effort. And boys; I understand that I'm a jungalist, but I don't really have to wear full army gear to make this apparent.

HAHA ! Too gold. You rule & the bit about your girl the tick to your heart is class.

:)

Taro

TRIBE Member
Re: whatever...

Originally posted by slink242

Scissorkicks and D-Monic SLAMMED THE ORANGE-ROOM and were well backed by all the other djs.

So not bad overall... Good job boys!...

respect,[/B]
well I left before D-Monic got on as I had to work early, I agree teh breaks were kicking that night. Scissorkicks definitely had the room humming with energy-great tunes played proper. Skool of Thought did a great job aswell

Kung Po Beef

TRIBE Member
I was really disappointed with this event. I went to hear Marky and noticed the 8x11 sign saying he wasn't showing.
The beatboxer just ruined the wicked little vibe going. It was all down hill after that.
The djs for the night are all great in their own ways but they are by far not headliners dj's. Their skill is just not such to RUN THE DANCE like I would expect at a 1-3 am timeslot.

Dirty Girl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kung Po Beef
The beatboxer just ruined the wicked little vibe going. It was all down hill after that.
are you kidding me, I thought he was awesome!!:confused:

slink242
I'm Jack, the pumking king from "A Nightmare Before Christmas", and my girl is Sally, my true counter part and tick to my heart.

I saw you, You guys looked totally cute!!!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

CrunchCapn

TRIBE Member
My friends and I were really disappointed that there was no Marky and XRS.

Pendulum threw it down at the beginning.

The party seemed to die down a lot after 2pm... i think a lot of people left when they heard Marky and XRS weren't coming.

tella

TRIBE Member
i got extraordinarily drunk and can't remember a thing! sure it was a good night tho! my ears are still ringing...which i'm sure is not a good thing at all...

Taro

TRIBE Member
that's actually a great idea.
didn't think about it when I first saw it, but now that I have, I'm impressed

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders