1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Halloween: Deko-ze / System / Mayhem

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by zoo, Nov 1, 2003.

1. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

No hassles getting in. John Sweet-E built up the energy in the room superbly, with tight mixes and great tracks [notably remixes of beachball, cowgirl]. The place had already filled up by the time Deko-ze stepped up. One questionable mix [read: train-wreck] didn't hurt the night at all, in fact it reminded us that this Deko-ze character is actually human ;0)

Tons of Big Party Tunes throughout the set, Help Me, Maas's remix of Sunburn, and track of the night for me, Nathan Flake's Outhouse.

I was surprised with how many people dressed up ... and they were great costumes too ... Scooby Doo, KISS' Mr Simmons, a Tin-Foil Robo-Suit, Flava Flav [lol], lots of angels, cats, devils, butterflies, and the best costume ever ... DUFFMAN!!!

Sorry to anyone that I bumped / walked into / over. I was wearing sunglasses and really couldn't see anything beyond 1 foot of me.

2. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

That was such a classic costume! Lots of detail went into it. :)

Good times were had by all!

3. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

I love Help Me - it's got a very ghoolish type of sound perfect for halloween.

my favourite costume had to be the dude in Raoul Duke's Fear and Loathing getup.

I was only able to spend a few hours there, but I had a great time. ran into a few friends and spent the duration bumpin to the great tunes.

4. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

I had a decent time... the guy who was on before Deko-ze was terrible... I don't know why.... just wasn't into his sound at all.
    Deko-ze was great though...

back room was rockin as usual!

5. Jon Tremblay

Jon Tremblay TRIBE Member

system hasn't been that rammed in a long while, really nice to see it full on a resident's night, and the vibe was amazing, so many friendly people not too much attitude........now that was a party!

6. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

YOU ARE ALL CRAZY.

ESPECIALLY CHUCK.

THANK YOU.

7. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Deko-ze was a maniac as usual. Cri looked adorable in her flapper/Chicago outfit. Heather the bartender was giving some customers well deserved floggings, including me.

My date, Oksana, wanted a picture taken with (Galactic Phantom) Phillip, who she said had the best costume.

8. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

Deko-Ze: that DJ who never ceases to amaze the crowd, and that's just with his outfits, or lack thereof. Nevermind his musical creativity and ingenuity....the man was totally on spot last night, but does he even know what it feels like to be OFF spot anyways?

But Deko-Ze wasn't the only one deserving praise last night: John Sweet-E did an excellent job opening. When I expected progressive, he gave me Kings of Tomorrow - Finally (DT remix). What a track of memories - RIP Lush in London!! :(

Praise also for the tranceaddict crew in the VIP, which was my original reason for going - they sure know how to party and bring positive vibes wherever they go. I may not have trance in my pants anymore, but they are the friendliest, most accepting group of people I've ever met. Stepping in the VIP during Mobius' set brought me back to the days when I used to listen to trance - he always plays the oldies but goodies. Mr. Furious did a great job from what I heard as well!! Excellent party all around in the VIP.

And the crowd in the main room - great vibe initally, but as the night wore on, people got a little bit ruder and pushier and more forthcoming with their intent of trying to pick up. When does that not happen though?

Left at 3:30 because of my nonsenscal heels and state of exhaustion...nice to see Dorianne and Lil'Nick again, as always.... :)

9. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

Only Deko-ze can do what he does the way he does it. He is untouchable, master of his domain, The Soup Nazi -but with soup for ALL. Slowly adding ingredients to his potent brew, he stirs the pot with carefull strokes for several hours gently smelling the gracious aromas eminating from within. No preservatives, no artificial colour, no need for added calcium. A soup that eats like a meal, and satisfies like a fine cut of steak. Second helpings will be served promptly next week and I will be the first in line.

sultry satisfied. D

10. man_slut

man_slut TRIBE Member

OOOPS i'M IN MY BROS ACCOUNT.

11. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

Just as I was putting my coat on and we were about to leave, Dekoze dropped 'Airtight'....that made my whole night.

12. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

That night was soooooooooooooooo fun!

Tin Man lol!!!

13. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

awesome costume Marcus!

14. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Thanks Simon that was fun. I loved the look on your face when you frist saw me lmao. You did a triple take.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  15. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

what time did he play airtight?

as i was leaving, i heard the stalker's familiar "you don't need him" ... which compelled me to stay a bit longer :0)

i want to see green velvet again

16. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

i think it was around 5:30 or 6:00.....we left right after that track....i was right at the door walking out when i heard the familiar pads start rumbling over the system....i told my friends to wait 10 minutes and sprinted back to the dancefloor....HAHAA

17. dEsidEL

dEsidEL TRIBE Member

wow .. that was one of the funnest Halloween nights evar ..

and i'm still feeling a little dizzy ..

nice to see everyone out ! you guys know who you are ! :D

18. djeso

djeso TRIBE Promoter

Whatta night ... still haven't recovered .... I think I had one too many myself lol

19. DJ Doublecross

DJ Doublecross TRIBE Member

Awesome night! Goddamn I love Haloween. I never left the back room all night.

Let's see the pics!

Rob

20. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

21. litespeed

litespeed Well-Known TRIBEr

I dind't even get any pics of my costume! I forgot my camera at home :(

22. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

haha. Who's that guy?

[​IMG]

23. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

There are some really nice costumes!

Is that a joker mask or is that all make-up?

edit: boss hog posted the exact same pic at the exact same time so I am not going to post it again.

24. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

make up.

25. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Good job, is that you?