• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

halloween candy

marcinm

TRIBE Member
i've realized that as an "adult" i really can't go trick or treating anymore, but i can also go and buy halloween candy and eat it RIGHT NOW... which is what I'm doing.. although I'm actually eating someone else's halloween candy.. but that's just semantics :p

hmmmm.. tootsie rolls :)

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I wait for the post-halloween fun-sized candybar 'sales', get them for a fuckload cheaper, and less hassle then running from door to door.

I do this after easter also

ila

TRIBE Member
chocolate bars taste like a trillion times better when they're small. It's insane how good a kitkat is when it's smurf size. Total heaven.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kaniz
I wait for the post-halloween fun-sized candybar 'sales', get them for a fuckload cheaper, and less hassle then running from door to door.

I do this after easter also
how much cheaper are we talking here.. i mean, those mini candies are not "marketed for halloween" specifially anymore, so they can keep on selling them later as "fun-sized" candies.

chooch

TRIBE Member
rockets...

on the potato chip front...anything other than the plain chips. extra points for cheesies! yeah!

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ila
chocolate bars taste like a trillion times better when they're small. It's insane how good a kitkat is when it's smurf size. Total heaven.
this is true.. i can eat like 20 tiny oh henry's.. but getting through one big one is like *blech* :p

patri©k

TRIBE Member
the small Kraft chewies... with the different colored wrappers... pink, green, brown, etc...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by chooch
rockets...
I once ate a pound of rockets before in University. The ultimate 2 pound Rocket bag my roomate and I scored and managed to devour the whole thing in like two weeks

marcinm

TRIBE Member
I remembered the LAST thing left in my halloween bag would be those "molasses" kisses things.. so gross.. but i ended up eating them all eventually anyhow.. even if it was like months later lol.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
no.. sketchy old ladies giving out homemade rice cripies rolled into perfect spheres and wrapped in seran wrap :p

chooch

TRIBE Member
i've never tried candy corn?!

:(

marcinm : molasses kisses will be what is left if they bombed the planet....molasses kisses and cockroaches.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by marcinm
how much cheaper are we talking here.. i mean, those mini candies are not "marketed for halloween" specifially anymore, so they can keep on selling them later as "fun-sized" candies.
The thing is, the stores usually have bins full of excess amounts they bought in anticipation of halloween. And they can't have it sitting there indefinitely.

A couple of years ago I went to nofrills the day after halloween.

The 20 packs of bitesize Coffee Crisps that were like $2.99 pre Halloween were $.99 the day after.

I loaded up on a ton.