• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Halloween 2008

atbell

TRIBE Member
Going to try to do 'Job' from Arested Development. The best part is I don't even need to practice any of the magic tricks because getting them wrong will be part of the costume!

Getting the hair right will be tough though, I don't really want to shave in a receding hair line so I'm going to try gel.

Last edited:
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

zoo

TRIBE Member
Lysistrata said:
veggie moussaka is one of my favouritest foods in the world. num num eggplant.

that's gross

we make our moussaka with ground beef, onions, mushrooms, potatoes, eggs, and loads of paprika and vegeta

33-vegeta-seasoning.jpg

kline

TRIBE Member
atbell said:
Going to try to do 'Job' from Arested Development. The best part is I don't even need to practice any of the magic tricks because getting them wrong will be part of the costume!

Getting the hair right will be tough though, I don't really want to shave in a receding hair line so I'm going to try gel.
GOB!
George Oscar Bluth

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
I'm a hallowe'en nut and this is going to be the best hallowe'en ever I think. I'm pretty much staying with the standby costume but I will enjoy the events :)

Hopefully this friday: Drinks at my friends and then a brief walk to enjoy Haunted High Park. If we can get in as he is arranging the reservations for all of us. If not, we'll try for next Thursday.
Tuesday: Sisters of Mercy and all my goth gear will come out.
Wednesday: Haunted walk through the EX
Friday: JaXxhouse/ Enchanted Vampire @ FW
Saturday: Maybe Z-trip @ Sound Academy. I sooo love him to death, but the price is a little much, as he is the only one I want to see, and I know he'll be back at a more intimate setting which I much prefer. What to do????

Great week!

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
Gallery reopens on the sat! go for the guv costume contest, if nothing else. that should be a televised event, I tells ya.
see you at footy though. never miss those tribal affairs. (and I got Joee on the bill for this one)

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Well, you'll see my vampire costume at FW. It's not the usual (more 19th century). I'm looking forward to hearing Joee! I think I have heard him, but it's been awhile :)

As for Gallery? Can't smoke, won't let you out for air and once 2am hits you have to go through the entire venue to have a smoke. It's so small and cramped. It sounds like a great lineup but just not my thing anymore. It's one of the reasons why I don't think I'll hit Sound Academy for Z-trip. I love him, but for a relatively few small hours, I'll hear him and then have to deal with the sound academy (at its worst). I should give a listen to the rest of the lineup to be sure though.

Justice is also playing Circa on Wednesday and for anyone who hasn't experienced them, I highly recommend this duo. Awesomeness!!! Unfortunately, as it is a work week, I do have to limit my time and I am responsible for hosting a slew of work hallowe'en events. Otherwise, I'd be there!! I'm so torn here.. ugh.. Can I take the Thursday off? (Yeah, it would'nt be good).

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
^^I defintely have too. I just feel weird doing it and hate trying to hide it (Never there enough to get to know the bouncers ...)

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
groovespinna said:
haha! Im going to tell him it got a tribe mention.
his new productions are excellent. he's totally underrated. SUCH a great dj.

sometimes i still play it out, as it never seems to be too dated, i mean it is, but it has all the elements,

plus it rocks

kuba

TRIBE Member
What are some stores in Toronto that still have stuff like:

A fake hand.

Blood.

??

Since this is the hallowe'en thread, I'm sure the tribeexperts can help me find a fake bloody hand and some blood.

I am going to be Dexter for hallowe'en.

sk8

TRIBE Member
kuba said:

A fake hand.

Blood.

??

Since this is the hallowe'en thread, I'm sure the tribeexperts can help me find a fake bloody hand and some blood.

ha! you totally look enough like him to pull that off

ummmm...not that you look like a serial killer....

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Malabar has just about everything you could ever need. West side of McCaul at Queen. Avoid it on the weekend.

kuba

TRIBE Member
And for when he cuts people up and has the mask infront of him to prevent from blood splattering on his face? I have that - using my squash mask! ha ha.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
That place is stupid expensive for that kind of stuff. Any Zellers or Halloween store will have that. Go to Malabar if you need a dope costume, but not novelty junk.

That place in Etobicoke is awesome and will have it for sure.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
kuba said:

A fake hand.

Blood.

??

Malabar.

I got my fake blood there last year. Totes Awesome!

and what Flashy said.. It is expensive.. i split it with a friend. I also paid for convenience.