• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Hairstyling products

diablo

TRIBE Member
Are there any hairstyling products out there that

a) do the job, but feel like there's nothing in your hair
b) don't make your hair stick together in large clumps
c) don't clog up your folacles and make you go bald
d) don't cost $30 a bottle

?

My hair is getting longer, and I think a little help is needed to keep it from looking like I just got out of bed all the time. However, I love the feel of natural hair, and I hate hair gel and all that crap.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
As most of you already know, i'm a grease bag. You see the key to being slicked out is not washing your hair for several days and then applying a fine comb to your hair after a shower. Why buy wax, when you can make your own?

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Dude

Alberto styling puddy , trust me its perfect for the dry fluffy i didnt put anything in my hair look , its only like 4 dollars at shoppers , small purple and white sort of tube looking package .

J.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SelfExel
As most of you already know, i'm a grease bag. You see the key to being slicked out is not washing your hair for several days and then applying a fine comb to your hair after a shower. Why buy wax, when you can make your own?
My hair gets pretty grungy after a day without a shower, let alone several.

This option is no good for me.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Fillmore
Dude

Alberto styling puddy , trust me its perfect for the dry fluffy i didnt put anything in my hair look , its only like 4 dollars at shoppers , small purple and white sort of tube looking package.
Putty? :confused:

Sounds like smearing Play-Doh in your hair.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
^^^^ man i knwo it sounds stupid puddy but you have to trust me . ITs 0perfect andi have pretty long hair too .

Lainey

TRIBE Member
Short Cutz styling pomade, it's really good because there's no wax in it, so it rinses out easily but still smoothes hair nicely.

You can pick it up at most Shopper's Drug Marts.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Wait, so are you NOT supposed to wash your hair everyday, or are you supposed to. Say, for someone with short-hair.

Wax buildup causes the hair root to become clogged, or oily resulting in baldness, right? That's why you don't put conditioner on your scalp.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Dude

Alberto styling puddy , trust me its perfect for the dry fluffy i didnt put anything in my hair look , its only like 4 dollars at shoppers , small purple and white sort of tube looking package .

J.
I have it and it doen'st work for me.
I have Alberto Pommade and it still feels like i have stuff in my hair.
My hair right now is as hard as a rock but it looks freaking awsome!!
I have mousse, wax and hairspray in my hair. I'm going to take a picture tonight when im done school.

A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do :D

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
If a hair product is going to be able to do its job, you're going to be able to feel it.

Just get a lo-hold product, thats probably the closest you'll get.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hawk Eye
I have it and it doen'st work for me.
I have Alberto Pommade and it still feels like i have stuff in my hair.
My hair right now is as hard as a rock but it looks freaking awsome!!
I have mousse, wax and hairspray in my hair. I'm going to take a picture tonight when im done school.

A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do :D
Maybe you are using too much thats the biggest mistake people make . I use as little as possible and just stretch it out . I dont barely use enough to cover my 2 finger tips and it covers my whoole head and my hair is well passed my ears in length

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Maybe you are using too much thats the biggest mistake people make . I use as little as possible and just stretch it out . I dont barely use enough to cover my 2 finger tips and it covers my whoole head and my hair is well passed my ears in length
haha maybe.
I'm impatient.
I hate styling my hair bc it takes so long.
I'll try and if it doesn't work im going to blame you.

j/k :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
^^^ ill take the blame for sure thats how confident i am LOLOL . If it doesnt work for you ill come style your hair for you to show you . I am amazing at styling hair i think i should have been a stylist instead of a chef .

kat

TRIBE Member
i use citreshine anti-frizz serum..something

i have pretty long hair, and i only use a dime-sized drop
(putting in too much just makes your hair looks dirty/greasy)

its this thick clear liquid

i like it, not really a gel - but it can make your hair look tidied up a bit.

ive never felt it in my hair (nothing sticks together) maybe a bit more weight..but it doesnt feel "waxy"
and you dont really have to do anything. i just run it through my hair after a shower.

PLUS it smells like orange delicious

i think it was 7-8$..i got it at shoppers.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Hey, guess what??

If you put stuff in your hair, it's only fucking logical that you are going to FEEL LIKE THERE'S STUFF IN YOUR HAIR!

shave it off

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
Hey, guess what??

If you put stuff in your hair, it's only fucking logical that you are going to FEEL LIKE THERE'S STUFF IN YOUR HAIR!

shave it off
Actually , there are tons of products out there that you dont notice in your hair its all abotu using the right amount and not over doing it . Trust me i knwo this for sure.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Actually , there are tons of products out there that you dont notice in your hair its all abotu using the right amount and not over doing it . Trust me i knwo this for sure.
and even when you see celebrities that of course have stylists do their hair. It looks like they have no products in their hair. It looks amazing.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kat
i use citreshine anti-frizz serum..something

i have pretty long hair, and i only use a dime-sized drop
(putting in too much just makes your hair looks dirty/greasy)

its this thick clear liquid

i like it, not really a gel - but it can make your hair look tidied up a bit.

ive never felt it in my hair (nothing sticks together) maybe a bit more weight..but it doesnt feel "waxy"
and you dont really have to do anything. i just run it through my hair after a shower.

PLUS it smells like orange delicious

i think it was 7-8$..i got it at shoppers.
What exactly do you use it for?
I thought it was just if your hair is all frizzy it's just supposed to make your hair neat looking like what you've said. I never bothered to buy it bc I dont have frizzy hair. My hair is dead straight, which is why when i tried to flip my hair i couldn't do it and grew impatient.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I have fudge shaper. It's a pomade type product but it isn't to greasy. I apply a small amount to dry hair for a "messy" look.

swilly

TRIBE Member
indola roll on hair wax
get some and you will be sorted for a month or so

its pricy but well worth it

lucky1

TRIBE Member
You get what you pay for.

I think It was around ten dollars for a container.

When I grew my hair to shoulder lenght I applied a small amount to damp hair then blow dried the ends under. (I have dead striaght hair as well)