• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Hair Extensions

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
All I want for christmas is hair like off a Manowar album cover.

How long do I have to let my real hair grow before I can braid in weaves to make my scalp as awesome as Ross Friedman?

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
I need a hair stylist that does hair extensions! Mrs. Brick perhaps???

I want the 'tracks and fusion' process...apparently it takes a shorter amount of time to do, and they wash like real hair.

jus me

TRIBE Member
i was thinking just glue.....

i might get a friend to do it, although she's never worked with non-afro hair...

deevah

TRIBE Member
DEEPHOUSEGRL said:
I need a hair stylist that does hair extensions! Mrs. Brick perhaps???

I want the 'tracks and fusion' process...apparently it takes a shorter amount of time to do, and they wash like real hair.

if you have fusion, u shouldn't need tracks

ask them to snip each fusion strand in 1/2 - it's less weight on your hair (too much weight can lead to your hair falling out) and it looks more natural. Wash, colour and style like real hair, just be careful to not apply any direct heat to the bonds as they will melt. Pieces will fall out, it's normal and you should get them replaced every 4-6 wks. If you're planning to keep them in for a while, by 3-4 mos, you'll need to redo the whole head as the root growth will be too long. Detangle near the roots as often as possible otherwise you'll end up w/ natty dreads.

my hairstylist does them - he will do them out of his home so it's cheaper than the salon.

skyparty

TRIBE Member
deevah said:
my hairstylist does them - he will do them out of his home so it's cheaper than the salon.
how much does this run price-wise, do you know? approximately?

I want to get extensions for my Wedding.

skyparty

TRIBE Member
partypix said:
just wondering if anyone knew where to get the Raquel Welsh real hair extensions?
My old work Envirotrends sold them, but there's no location in Toronto.

Their competitor was Trade Secrets... try there?