• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ha Ha Ha America

deafplayer

TRIBE Member
http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/haha_america

Ha Ha Ha America
United States | 16:30 | JD Ligon

avg user rating [ 3.5 / 5 stars ]

What in the hell is this? Apparently, it's some sort of hybrid music video/documentary/comedy/Chinese propaganda thing featuring electro beats and an arrogant text narrator who taunts our weak American work ethic. Equal parts mesmerizing, hysterical and humiliating, this video is a sure sign that our American empire is on the ropes.

Credits
Director: JD Ligon
Producer: Adam Lau

Festival Screenings
Official Selection, Sundance Film Festival
Official Selection, Sonoma Film Festival
Official Selection, Martha's Vineyard Film Festival

Related
For more information on this capitalist pig dog hating short, check out www.hahahaamerica.com.

atbell

TRIBE Member
A really good movie.

Especially liked the end where it talks about getting Americans to come to China to push buttons for them at the carnivals and the part about America fighting a war of fear.

It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling of protectionisim rising, followed by economic down turns, followed by angry social out bursts at percived causes for the "problem", followed by the beating of fresh war drums.

If I looked asian or persian or different, I would be jumping ship in the US right now.

SellyCat

TRIBE Member
atbell said:
It gives me that warm fuzzy feeling of protectionisim rising, followed by economic down turns, followed by angry social out bursts at percived causes for the "problem", followed by the beating of fresh war drums.
Yup! I totally have that outlook too.