• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

H-Foundation @ System

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
I'm waiting...how was it!

I really hope it was terrible, and by the lack of review this late in the morning, me thinks it was terrible.

*sigh*

XXX
Marian
:p

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
Im in the same boat, I want to think that it was terrible and overpacked and just thorougly shitty! Patiently waiting to hear the verdict...

~Leslie~

Nesta

TRIBE Member
here you go....one of the strangest, wierdest nights out i've ever had. i expected the place to be rammed, but it was fairly slow. it seemed as though nobody wanted to party...everybody was holding back (maybe for tonight). everybody left really early...the place cleared out by like 3am. scaife played the worst opening set i've ever heard from him (dropping trance before the h?!). hipp-e started off with some nice groovy up beat house, but the crowd was lost by that point.

it was a great night socially, having seen sooo many tribers that i hadn't seen in months.

big ups to mike greco for the g list...and a happy birthday shout out to vinder!

a super shout out to smackers, chemi, coleridge, and rj45 (and his friend) for a nice lil session afterwards! wicked times!

i just can't wait for carola and pascal feos!

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I was so sad that I had other plans and couldn't make it to this...by the sounds of things I didn't miss a whole lot...thanks for that review Nesta:D

Maxine

Che

TRIBE Member
I agree with most of what Nesta said.

It was nice having a few drinks beforehand with Sam, John, James, Mel, Stacey etc. at Montana's. Who knew that place would be crawling with Cougars waiting to pounce on young meat (i.e me)? Good times.

As for System, it was my first time there after taking a little break. The crowd was a little thin up until 1 or so. Scaife really played an awkward set, and I was really hoping for a better set up than that for the H-Foundation, because ultimately the opening sets really set the stage for the rest of the night. It was way too hard early on as people were just coming in. When Hipp-e finally came on I was a little disappointed in the direction he took cause he sort of kept the same progressive drive that Mark left off with. I was hoping for more deep and dubby west coast house from the boys but it was not to be. I ended up leaving earlier than anticipated. As for seeing them my first time I'd have to say they didn't really meet my expectations, but I know certain circumstances contributed to that. I'll give them another shot whenever they come back, cause I know they're capable of SO much better. I think H-Foundation would be better suited at a different night too.

Coleridge, thanks for the new mix cd. Sounds wicked!
Nesta and Chemi, thanks for the drinks and smoke.
Allie, have a great trip and be safe. I was pleasantly surprised to see you!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

funky_citrus

TRIBE Member
Well, I guess I don't feel so bad about missing it now. Sounds like an odd night out at system, especially for this event. I would have thought that alot more people would have made it out for Hipp-e and Halo?

~leslie~

Nesta

TRIBE Member
oh yeah...when i got there they were playing craig richards' fabric cd for the first 45 minutes. wtf?! smackers would have played for free! :D

Che

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta
oh yeah...when i got there they were playing craig richards' fabric cd for the first 45 minutes. wtf?! smackers would have played for free! :D

I thought it was the Tyrant cd :)
And yes, I would have gladly donated my services.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
<--- cougar in training ;)

uhh, it sucked.

it was nice seeing everyone tho. thanks to vinder for making me laugh :)

shoulda gone to audiowerks! damn all you men!

thanks to cheezwhiz for getting me in

the montanas crew for some nice pre-drinking

and Nick for driving me home and leaving the party (even tho it sucked)

i'm going back to bed.

MachoMan

TRIBE Member
Wow... that's a real shame. I've been looking forward to these guys for a long time... then this week I got hit with the worst flu I've had in years. I don't feel so bad for missing it now. Breathe is really becoming a 'hit or miss' affair....

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
later on it got reallllly deep...some amazing vocals and downright dirty basslines...it was really good but too little too late. and yep steve i for sure will give them another chance...i know they can do such much better.

it was fun selling crystal too all the kids last night...

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
This was my second time at System...and I got hit on by a bouncer.

Ugh. This is why I stick to clubs where I know everyone, including the staff.

~jen

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayIsBored
what's worse..being hit on by a system bouncer or being honked at by NYC motorists? ;)

It wasn't motorists, it was NYC pedestrians...including a hot-dog vendor.

I'm never leaving my house again.

~jen

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayIsBored
awww dont do that! you could just wear snowpants and a parka where ever you go from now on

I could wear a burqua and it still wouldn't make a difference.

And snowpants and a parka are hard to dance in.

~jen
(I am woman, hear me...run away from you, you disgusting man)

mingster

TRIBE Member
I left early.
I was mega-tired.
The place was empty, save for the throngs of TRIBErs...and the DJs of course. :p

I got a free CD! Yay!

Ming.

markscaife

TRIBE Member
Your right guy's sorry, I was somewhere else last night.

Hope everyone got a CD anyway, if you didn't theres loads more so keep an eye out.

Mark