• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Guys who punch/shove/elbow women on the subway

Poot

TRIBE Member
I got no sympathy response to my bitch-rant in an earlier thread, so I am making my own thread here!:

Once a grown man actually punched me while I was trying to get to the subway.

He was part of the herd shoving up the stairs (and going nowhere fast, because there were a hundred people squeezing into a space 2 people wide)

I was at the bottom of the stairs and trying to move one metre to the train, against the flow saying "excuse me, excuse me" before the doors closed and the train pulled away (all while juggling my briefcase, purse & laptop bag).

Man smashed into me. I said "EXCUSE ME!" Then he lifted his left arm, looked me right in the eye, and intentionally plowed me with his elbow.

In front of a hundred people on their way to work downtown, he smashed a chick.

So I told him to fuck off. I wish I had right hooked him in return.

Rude bastard. :mad:

Is there ANY excuse for such behaviour?

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jessica P

Is there ANY excuse for such behaviour?
No....

Unless there was kneeing and/or kicking and/or punching of the junk... even then hitting a girl is a stretch...

Poot

TRIBE Member
Hmmm.... I cross-reference to this week's thread re. society & lack of courtesy...

I hate rude people.

Not a fan of mean people, either.

Pooey. :(

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Guys who punch/shove/elbow women on the subway

no jessica there is no excuse for such behaviour....

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
so.. you're just looking for our sympathy then?
Mostly, I needed to rant.

And I thought it tied in nicely with the courtesy thread earlier this week.

Whenever I think of that incident, I am still stunned.

kat

TRIBE Member
maybe you look like a man? ;p

i elbow people sometimes, but only the rudeys who try to barge on the train while im getting off. and i aim for the shoulders.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
yeah, there's really no excuse for hitting or punching people on the subway at all, whether it's a girl or a guy ...

and i won't get into any more of my own transit related tirade else i'll be here all day and

hey

it's almost time to go get on the subway!

Dr Funk MD

TRIBE Promoter
Sometimes you just have to plow a path when you're getting off the train. People like to stand right in front of the door so you can't get off.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kat

i elbow people sometimes, but only the rudeys who try to barge on the train while im getting off. and i aim for the shoulders.
This wasn't an elbow to move through a rude barging crowd. It was a direct, intentional elbow for elbow's sake.

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kat

She doesn't looka lika man.

That dude was wack. Some people's children, I swear to Grog.

On the other hand, equally mind boggling are pushy girls. Not that I can say I've ever really been jostled by anyone of either sex, but I do recall one particular night at a club that thankfully has gone tits up, where it seemed girls and guys alike thought elbows were interchangable with 'excuse me'.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Too bad I wan't there.

I would have coldcocked the motherfucker, inserted all my baggage (purse, laptop etc) into his anus and used him as a large piece of luggage (dragging him by one of his legs) on the rest of my trip to work.

Unfortunately for me (with people act violently towards me) I become twice as violent in return in suprisingly short order.

I'm very lucky people don't pull that shit on me (often), I'm at a point in my life where I don't need assault charges on any record.

kat

TRIBE Member
oh mine are intentional..but i like to think im only quasi-evil about it

people do things in a crowd, that they would never even consider doing by themselves.
and that pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with the world today.

sucks..but uhm..ya. not much you can do.

just remember to knee them in the groin if it happens again.

AlyG

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kat
i shoulder people sometimes, but only the rudeys who try to barge on the train while im getting off.
(Elbows are too low on this shorty).

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
That's a load of crap.

I'd have got him back.

A friend of mine fell on the stairs down to the subway and people didn't miss a beat- they just stepped over her.

inconsiderate fuckers these days:confused:

lok

TRIBE Member
I triple suplexed this bitch who was racing me to the last seat, and everyone was looking at me with disgust.

How was I supposed to know she was pregnant?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dr Funk MD
Sometimes you just have to plow a path when you're getting off the train. People like to stand right in front of the door so you can't get off.
For the record, I ALWAYS make a point to stand back and off centre of the doors so that people can get out.

Which is why I get pissed when I'M trying to get off and people just stand there blocking the door staring at me.

I am very close to actually shreiking like a crazy woman "HELLO? Where would you like me to step off so that YOU may GET IN??"

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
Too bad I wan't there.

I would have coldcocked the motherfucker, inserted all my baggage (purse, laptop etc) into his anus and used him as a large piece of luggage (dragging him by one of his legs) on the rest of my trip to work.

Unfortunately for me (with people act violently towards me) I become twice as violent in return in suprisingly short order.

I'm very lucky people don't pull that shit on me (often), I'm at a point in my life where I don't need assault charges on any record.
I actually thought about smashing him in the face, but concluded he would either a) REALLY plow me back (and cause some damage), or b) press charges.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by I_bRAD

A friend of mine fell on the stairs down to the subway and people didn't miss a beat- they just stepped over her.

inconsiderate fuckers these days:confused:
That is absolutely disgusting.

voytek

TRIBE Member
so are people with too many bags (say, oh, ah dunno, a laptop, a purse and a briefcase) moving against the flow and thinking that simple "excuse me" excuses their deplorable behaviour.