1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Guy's Shorts: what to wear

Discussion in 'Guys Stuff Forum' started by sheik rock, Jul 7, 2010.

1. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

So I need some shorts and I think I am over cargo shorts etc.

What is good for this summer? Are those long tighter cutoffs I see hipsters/Montrealers wearing acceptable? Most of my wardrobe is fairly tight these days, but skateboarder tight not douchebag tight.

2. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Paging MoFo.
    In the meantime, slim cutoffs are good (they should be pretty slim); so are slim classic plaid bermuda shorts.
    Or you can go for the twinkie look and wear short shorts!

3. xtcfreak

xtcfreak TRIBE Member

speaking of cut off's .. how about the home-made / ripped jean shorts with the pockets hanging halfway down your legs.. its the big thing this year it appears.

Jay

4. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

5. erika

erika TRIBE Member

only if you have a mullet
    and possibly one ball hanging out too :p

on a more serious note, consider seersucker - great fabric for this weather!

6. the wiz

the wiz TRIBE Member

the best shorts ever made are the athletic adidas cotton short-shorts with the stripes down the side. A man is literally unstoppable if he hits the beach in those. You need to be ultra-confident and eccentric to pull it off though.

7. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Sadly, I have put my TO shorts away for the season... But my favorite pair this year were a pair of striped Dickies brand I picked up at Winners for $19.99. I wore them constantly all summer.

8. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Hehe. Sorry, I was busy wearing shorts in Italy and not posting about them.

I like classic shorts.
    I own a few that are really light grey seersucker, regular seersucker, deep blue dress shorts with a slight grid pattern, chino shorts...

Shorts that are just above the knee are always flattering. You can roll the leg up just one inch to have a slightly more casual, fashion-forward look.

There is nothing hotter than a guy running in those short athletic shorts but you have to have confidence to pull them off.

But general rule is to get shorts that are pretty blah and light in colour.

Also, always wear no socks or anklets with shorts. Please.

9. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Shit like this is nice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brooks Brothers does some really affordable ($50) quality slim-fit chino shorts in black, beige and bright preppy colours.

10. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

11. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

Pants. Men wear pants.

12. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I used to be a no shorts guy but then summer rolled around and I quite enjoyed having tanned legs. And shorts look so casual on some guys. I'm sure some chicks swoon for a guy that looks good in shorts.

13. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

14. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Roll that shit up too. Shorts that go below the knee look bleh.

15. erika

erika TRIBE Member

Agreed; just make a little cuff and they will look fabulous.

16. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

i love it when a guy can pull off shorts, i like man legs

17. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Btw, a hot guy in short running shorts at home is one of the hottest things in the entire world.