• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Guy question: Polo shirts

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
Im a big fan of the polo shirt.

They're sort of the dress-up t-shirt.

I have a lacosse polo that i fuckin adore, and i would wear it every day if not for the fact that people have begun to catch on.
it just goes with everything...all types of pants, undershirt/no undershirt, club or dinner.

i would go back to lacosse and get a new one, but I have no cash.

Where can you find cheaper, quality polo shirts?

Department stores charge $100 bucks flat for ralph lauren-polo shirts, which is a fuckin joke.

Queen street charges like $80 bucks for the paul frank, etc polo shirts - also very nice - but again expensive.

and dont say H&M - their clothes have a life line of 1-3 cycles through the wash, give or take 1.

I remember in thornhill, there used to be these semi-annual flea market style sales at bayview and john where every jewish family would be there buying socks, cologne, and upper-end casual clothing. what happened to those? r those still going on?

zee

TRIBE Member
i like the ones at american apparel
they're not super cheap but they're not as stupidly expensive as $80 or $100
i think i got one there for like 30 something?

i've also scored a couple really cheap ones at american eagle.. gotta dig through the rack though

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bean

TRIBE Member
I just picked up a multitude (woo to being on a jobsite all summer) at h & m for under $20 each. but, their women's . . . we'll see how the quality is, though i only bought them to last a few months. :)

peace,

sabina

defazman

TRIBE Member
I sport a lot of polos for work, and have gotten them at many places including Winners, Costco, LeChateaux, Jack Frasier, The Bay, Mexx...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

marcinm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
Winners
FUCK winners.. all they have there are cheap ties.

i've found that GAP and Polo have pretty much exactly the same golf shirt.. in fact.. they're probably made at the same sweat shop (sadly enough) so just wait for the GAP ones to go on sale and get like as many as you want.. they've got a nice weight, fit well, and look nice.. at least they do on me :)

MAW_MAN

TRIBE Member
MAW_MAN

Yo "Spiritual Thang"

That casual clothing sale that used to be at thornhill square has been relocated. It is now on Duffrin just south of Finch (just south of where the Arby's is).

It opens at 12:00 on weekends. I've got my car back, so I can give you a lift if you head come to Finch.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Winners
Tilley's Endurables
Mark's Work Wearhouse

Tilley's are tough shirts, well worth the investment. Mark's are the same, but at a more reasonable pricepoint.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
You're going to the wrong locations. I've found Stüssy, Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren Polo, Chaps, Nautica, Kenneth Cole and tons of others.
EPH - you should know better than to read marcinm's stuff.

defazman

TRIBE Member
You're going to the wrong locations. I've found Stüssy, Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren Polo, Chaps, Nautica, Kenneth Cole and tons of others.
congradulations you label whore

Evian

TRIBE Member
You can try Sporting Life at Sherway. They have a great selection and they do have sales quite often.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Old Navy sells plain (no logo, or anything) polo T's for about 20 bucks.... they are pretty god quality (just don't put in the dryer) and like I said plain... I used to buy my boy them for him to wear to work.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Re: MAW_MAN

Originally posted by MAW_MAN
Yo "Spiritual Thang"

That casual clothing sale that used to be at thornhill square has been relocated. It is now on Duffrin just south of Finch (just south of where the Arby's is).

It opens at 12:00 on weekends. I've got my car back, so I can give you a lift if you head come to Finch.

I just got an email about this place... not that you'd be interested (I think you are a guy?) but aparantly they sell Calvin clein bras for 7 bucks. that is a good deal!