• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Guvernment complex closing?!?!?!

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo

I think the crowd they will attempt to attract might be similar to plastique, but on a larger scale. I work with one of the owners, and they do very well from Palazzo. Why change the formula?
but palazzo is in woodbridge. :p

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bass-Invader

They can use the former site of Kaboom(now formula kartways i believe)! in brampton to host labour of love.
formula cartways was already opened when kaboom was still operating. two different spaces.

the best jungle party i've ever been to was held there... rip stevie.

DjCao

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
i seriously doubt it.
160 is down at Queen and Spadina. Pho 88 is considerably farther up Spadina. theres no way you could here the music from there.
OH yeah...if you refer to DUNDAS/SPAdina, it can be...
my bad...
:rolleyes:

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
Reasons why one might sell:

Get a shit load of cash up front instead of working to earn it over time

Not have to deal with any legal issues anymore

Not enjoying the industry anymore

Better invetsment oppertunities are waiting

Need the money now because your in some sort of trouble

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Guvernment closing is one of clubland's oldest and most persistent rumours. It seems to pop up every six months or so. I have to admire some of the creative explanations though. :)

Oh yeah, and it's always a "reliable source".

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

man_slut

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JAR
if you open at 1am, stay open all night and don't serve alcohol, it's pretty obvious there is lots of drug dealing going on in the club, that's why.
Thank you.

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AdRiaN
Guvernment closing is one of clubland's oldest and most persistent rumours. It seems to pop up every six months or so. I have to admire some of the creative explanations though. :)

Oh yeah, and it's always a "reliable source".
about time you popped in here.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by basic
How do you know that?

It could be the start to something new here in toronto.

And yes, Stereo works as an afterhours place.

I am hoping it works but who knows?

tobywan

TRIBE Member
I have reliable sources telling me that Mark Oliver *may* be spinning at the Guv this saturday...trust.

stay tuned....

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by MC Bias
I have reliable sources telling me that Mark Oliver *may* be spinning at the Guv this saturday...trust.

stay tuned....
Doesn't he *always* spin on saturdays at the guv?

That is his residency right.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

noodle

TRIBE Member
Posted by a guvernment promoter on another board:

THE GUVERNMENT WILL NOT CLOSE DOWN ANY TIME SOON.
THERE IS 9 YEARS LEFT ON THE LEASE & NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT....UNLESS OF COURSE THEY PAY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR IT.
hope that put this topic to rest...this came directly from the owner of the club..not from a friend of a friend of a friend.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by man_slut
How will this place stay open? They open at 1am and serve no alcohol. My buddy SJN believes the cops will shut this place down quick.

not bloody likely as paid duties are being contracted to work there!
it just might completely revitalize the scene in this city.

and enough with all these rumors already... I love how the people who would never actually know the facts are the ones that always seem to be "in the know"

noodle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev

and enough with all these rumors already... I love how the people who would never actually know the facts are the ones that always seem to be "in the know"
I am SOOOOOO excited for this place to finally be opened.

I feel something really good is about to come along (or not considering how whiney/pessimistict/alchoholic the Toronto scene tends to be).

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by JAR
if you open at 1am, stay open all night and don't serve alcohol, it's pretty obvious there is lots of drug dealing going on in the club, that's why.

and if you stay open untill 6 am or 8am or are called the comfort zone it's also pretty obvious what's going on :p

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by noodle
Posted by a guvernment promoter on another board:

THE GUVERNMENT WILL NOT CLOSE DOWN ANY TIME SOON.
THERE IS 9 YEARS LEFT ON THE LEASE & NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT....UNLESS OF COURSE THEY PAY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR IT.
hope that put this topic to rest...this came directly from the owner of the club..not from a friend of a friend of a friend.

LOL

gotta love all the shit talkers. :p

chipotle

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by ev

mr furious and his made up rumours. I knew it!

MC Bias.. I know you work for a radio and you are probably in the know with regards to things.

adorablehomeboy

TRIBE Promoter
The Guv complex closing down would make sense right about now

The 'owner' or guy in charge might have gotten out-manoeuvred by a big construction guy involved with city politicians , or pissed off the wrong city politician, and you couple this with the fact that the housing 'boom' is still somewhat on, they'll build condos over the complex and parking lot.

Like, think of the money that can be made, and jobs that will be created by building condos as opposed to a couple of concert venues. Then a new area of town can be revitalized by displaced clubbers, where a new space opens up, like that Boa-Redux place (it's new right?) I've only recently seen flyers for it.

And I'm sure the 'owner'/leaser figures that from a business point of view the product life cycle of the Guv is in the latter stages.