• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Guvernment complex closing?!?!?!

TRO

TRIBE Member
ok this is all true from my understanding...

apparently The guv has violated thier lease in some way or another and now the city is taking away the property and have already invested into building condo's on the property...

my sources are very very realible and not shit talkers..I too have wondered the validity of this...but now after reading this whole thread with "I heard this or that" in conjunction with what I know sorry but it looks true

diablo

TRIBE Member
If the Guvernment closes, promoters that want to do huge-ass events with superstar DJs will have to head to the suburbs for cavernous club spaces.

Get ready to drive to Markham and Mississauga on Saturday night, boys and girls! LOL

:revengeofthesuburbs:

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo
I once asked the guy for passes to palazzo and to be comped all night for drinks.

His response, "sure if you want, but the crowd fucking sucks"
heh thats awesome.
i always wondered if the people making money off of it also realized how much it all sucks (it being the big meat market kinda bars, that is)

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
heh thats awesome.
i always wondered if the people making money off of it also realized how much it all sucks (it being the big meat market kinda bars, that is)
I was once cajoled into attending some girl's party at Palazzo II (the one in Woodbridge, not the old one by the airport).

The club itself is quite nice, but the crowd and music were among the worst I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by diablo
If the Guvernment closes, promoters that want to do huge-ass events with superstar DJs will have to head to the suburbs for cavernous club spaces.

Get ready to drive to Markham and Mississauga on Saturday night, boys and girls! LOL

haha

They can use the former site of Kaboom(now formula kartways i believe)! in brampton to host labour of love.

that would actually kick ass if they kept the karts.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DjCao

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lok
I was at Pho 88 one night and the bass was making my tea cup rattle. There is definitely some venue. I couldnt make out the style of music... it sounded 4/4y

That has to be 160/metro/metropolis....right next to the tea shop & blockbuster...

DjCao

TRIBE Member

VIVA

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bass-Invader
haha

They can use the former site of Kaboom(now formula kartways i believe)! in brampton to host labour of love.

that would actually kick ass if they kept the karts.
Abyss in Mississauga was an awesome venue for large events. I was sad to see it go because of shit-poor promotion.

At least one of the first two Renegades parties were held there.

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DjCao
That has to be 160/metro/metropolis....right next to the tea shop & blockbuster...
i seriously doubt it.
160 is down at Queen and Spadina. Pho 88 is considerably farther up Spadina. theres no way you could here the music from there.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Abyss in Mississauga was an awesome venue for large events. I was sad to see it go because of shit-poor promotion.

yeah, that space was awesome, plus it is right next to TREMENDOUS chinese food restaurant, which stays open till 5am.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I was once cajoled into attending some girl's party at Palazzo II (the one in Woodbridge, not the old one by the airport).

The club itself is quite nice, but the crowd and music were among the worst I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing.
Hey shut up, I had a gig at Palazzo! :p

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member

Abyss is gone?

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know about what's up with the new venue at Peter and Adelaide?
If the outside of the building is orange?

That's the new club called Pulse.#338 Adelaide st west.

Very nice space inside,killer sound.

If the guv. is shutting down,I wonder if Chris Sheppard would return in the house?

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Booty Bits
heh thats awesome.
Hey - the crowd sucks but if you're in for cheesy eurodance stuff, its good times.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
Abyss is gone?
It has been gone for years now.

The best part was the design of the main room...DJ booth as the focal point, twenty feet in the air...not that it does much good when the DJ is playing bling R&B and shite eurodance. :D

The sound and lighting were great as well. All-around nice club.

The club had been sliding for a while, but I think they were pretty much officially shut down when some kid got stabbed to death at an all-ages hip-hop party. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JESuX
Where do you work?

Windowlicker and I work in the same building, I suspect we might even have the same view.

Do you know the commodore building?
i work in the commercial tower in the holiday inn on king.

i don't know the commodore building. is that where you work?