• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Guvernment complex closing?!?!?!

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TaCk OnE?
why would they tear down that club to put up condos?

there's miles of wasteland down by the gardiner...it doesn't make sense for them to put one up there, it's not like it's super prime land or anything.
are you fuckign kidding me?

its not prime land? give it ten years. IF the ball starts rolling and the waterfront will be developed, that wasteland will be turned into a goldmine for the rich developers.

good thing your mayor tory didnt win :D

lok

TRIBE Member
I was at Pho 88 one night and the bass was making my tea cup rattle. There is definitely some venue. I couldnt make out the style of music... it sounded 4/4y

JAR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Ah. The reason why I ask is because Montreal is pretty much an after-hours place and System, CoZo still exist with no problems.
you're right, though this place would probably have the same amount of drug dealing/taking X10 due to the hours and no-alcohol factor. the cops have to make an example of somebody...

but I'm sure they could bribe the right people and be aiight, as long as things didn't get too outta hand.

it also depends on whether it will be 19+ or not.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by noodle
It will be 21+.
:confused:
why would it be? 21 is an age of no legal consequence in Canada, and unless it was a private club, they couldn't bar those 19-21 from entering.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kerouacdude
:confused:
why would it be? 21 is an age of no legal consequence in Canada, and unless it was a private club, they couldn't bar those 19-21 from entering.

Its not the government opening the club. Its private owners and they can make whatever entry rules that they like.

*c*

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JESuX
Hmmm... Does anyone know about what's up with the new venue at Peter and Adelaide?

They just remodelled the exterior of a building on the West hand side of Peter... They've been going at it for weeks now. It looks kinda like a big lego block now. Very suspicious, methinks.

The place you were talking about Mr Furious, is that just a re-hash of the old Tropicana venue?

And on a related note, what's happened to "X-It"?
It's going to be open by spring, although they are running behind schedule. It is owned by the same group of investors who own Palazzo, and used to own Plastique.

The name most likely is going to be called "circus." it is expected to hold 2,700 people.

I think the crowd they will attempt to attract might be similar to plastique, but on a larger scale. I work with one of the owners, and they do very well from Palazzo. Why change the formula?

noodle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
To cater to a more "mature" crowd.
It think it's better than enforcing a pathetic "style code".

They just want to avoid a sketchy kiddy raver hang out which I can totally appreciate.

They have to control the crowed some how.

mingster

TRIBE Member
closing those two spaces would be a damn shame. and the end of an era for toronto clubbing, for sure! :(

say it aint' so.

JAR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Kung Po Beef
From what I've heard the Guv will go but Kool Haus will remain.
I wouldn't want to have my condo RIGHT next door to a venue like the Kool Haus.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I'm glad. Although it is a good venue, we all bitched about it, and although it will suck for awhile, it will force other Toronto promoters in the spotlight and hopefully lead to some new venues being created/used.

^^ biggest run on sentence ever

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo

I think the crowd they will attempt to attract might be similar to plastique, but on a larger scale. I work with one of the owners, and they do very well from Palazzo. Why change the formula?
Ah right on!! A big Z103.5type club downtown.

:)

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
I once asked the guy for passes to palazzo and to be comped all night for drinks.

His response, "sure if you want, but the crowd fucking sucks"

diablo

TRIBE Member

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
if the guv goes

i'm going to be very very sad :(

we've had some of the worlds best pump out some great nights in the main room

keeping koolhaus open if they develop condo's doesn't make sense to me imo

here's hoping to bad rumours

'G

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders