1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Guelph this weekend

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Psyrel, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

Ok, going to a conference in Guelph this weekend (Fri 9th - Sun 11th).

Apart from DJGK's excellent Guide, any other suggestions or info about stuff happening this coming weekend?

Feel free to skip the "drive back to Toronto" comments! ;)

2. case sensitive

case sensitive TRIBE Member

If you like Motown, a little hip-hop and loose morals, check out DJ Charless at the Albion April 10th.

If you are really into music, made by machines, from now and then, and also loose morals, check out Starlight in Waterloo on April 10th!

3. [SQUARE]

[SQUARE] TRIBE Member

Ya the Albion would be my pick as well.

4. gak

gak TRIBE Member

I lived in Guelph a while back...the Albion was always my first pick.

5. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

Thanks for the suggestions all.... the Albion it is!

No car, so Waterloo's out. And if we had a ride I'd be coming back to Toronto. But thanks for the invite though!

6. loopdokter

loopdokter TRIBE Promoter

I'd have happily brought you into town if I'd have known you were coming! :(

7. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

Thanks for the advice everyone, the Albion was great for dinner (such yummy perogies) and worked out well for drinks and some tunes after. Ended up the night at ebar and it was busy and fun for a few hours.

Jay, I was with 2 friends and they won't have appreciated the Waterloo party. But hopefully it was good!

8. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

go to the "bookshelf" for lunch -- Great meals and a really nice atmosphere...

Guelph also has an "eye" type publication but i can't remember it's name...